Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nifty: Favero Assioma SPD Hack (GP Lama)
Quote | Reply
Enjoy:

Quote Reply
Re: Nifty: Favero Assioma SPD Hack (GP Lama) [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very cool. I still hope favero comes out with their own spd power pedals with the electronics protected inside the spindle like the new sram pedals coming out soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Nifty: Favero Assioma SPD Hack (GP Lama) [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
Very cool. I still hope favero comes out with their own spd power pedals with the electronics protected inside the spindle like the new sram pedals coming out soon.

Is SRAM coming out with something, or are you talking about the SRM X-Power pedals?

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Dec 12, 19 8:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like a great gravel option. Not so good for serious offroading as you'll probably destroy those pods at some point on rocky terrain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:

Thank your local engineers and enthusiasts who post! This has been going around for awhile thanks to our Italian friends.
Quote Reply
Re: Nifty: Favero Assioma SPD Hack (GP Lama) [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think this is awesome. Would love for something that I could ride gravel, XC, and hotel spin bikes when traveling. I know the 3rd one can be done with current road options but I generally travel with SPD shoes. I have hopes for the SRM and IQ2 but not winning to be a first gen user for either.
Quote Reply
Re: Nifty: Favero Assioma SPD Hack (GP Lama) [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
mickison wrote:

Is SRAM coming out with something, or are you talking about the SRM X-Power pedals?

Correct the srm x-power pedals which are supposed to come out soon. But being first to market and also just being sram they’re going to be expensive. When favero came out with their pedals they, if I’m recalling correctly, drastically undercut vectors and powertap pedals in lice by a lot. The faveros work great for me but I don’t want to do this back. I’m hoping favero comes out with spd version and I may then switch to spd for all bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Nifty: Favero Assioma SPD Hack (GP Lama) [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tttiltheend wrote:
Looks like a great gravel option. Not so good for serious offroading as you'll probably destroy those pods at some point on rocky terrain.

It makes me nervous even for gravel with those plastic pods. Granted they don’t seem to be fragile pods but still
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:

Correct the srm x-power pedals which are supposed to come out soon. But being first to market and also just being sram they’re going to be expensive.

SRM and SRAM are not the same company.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: Nifty: Favero Assioma SPD Hack (GP Lama) [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah my mistake. I think I originally read DCR mention the pedals and somehow my brain had read it as SRAM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cheers for posting here. This is such a brilliant idea/hack. I'm happy it all came together well for the set I converted over.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://forum.trainerroad.com/...ioma-pedals/18627/24

First seen here.
Last edited by: Thorax: Dec 19, 19 12:52
Quote Reply