Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift Cadence Drop Out
Quote | Reply
Morning all,
I'm about two weeks into Zwift as a brand new user, and am running into an issue. To start, I run the program through my iphone 10, and cast it to my tv, no issues there. I use a dumb trainer, Cycleops magnet, and a Stages power meter using bluetooth. The app recognized my equipment, so I synced up the power, cadence, and adjustable trainer.

I did a group ride, couple races, and everything was great. However last week I did an FTP test, and I noticed halfway in my cadence was dropping to 0 and my avatar was not pedaling. I couldn't tell if the power was dropping at that time, so it was a mind f in the middle of my test. This was happening every few seconds.

Did another free ride, no issues.

Last night did one of the structured workouts, and had the cadence drop out again every few seconds and I do believe the power would just hold at the last power it registered before the drop, and then a few seconds later when the cadence picked back up, the power would update at whatever I was currently pushing. It definitely happens ever 3-5 seconds, and the power doesn't fluctuate during the time the cadence is at 0.

After my workout I restarted the program, and only connected the power meter and clicked off the cadence and trainer. I did a couple minutes of the exact same workout I had just finished and the avatar obviously never stopped pedaling, and the power appears to register normally. While this may have fixed the power inaccuracy issue and weird non-pedaling avatar, it appears to be a band-aid.

Anyone else run into this and any fixes? Worst case, I'm not concerned if I can't track cadence if it is what it is with my setup.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Cadence Drop Out [linkslefty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
linkslefty wrote:
Morning all,
I'm about two weeks into Zwift as a brand new user, and am running into an issue. To start, I run the program through my iphone 10, and cast it to my tv, no issues there. I use a dumb trainer, Cycleops magnet, and a Stages power meter using bluetooth. The app recognized my equipment, so I synced up the power, cadence, and adjustable trainer.

I did a group ride, couple races, and everything was great. However last week I did an FTP test, and I noticed halfway in my cadence was dropping to 0 and my avatar was not pedaling. I couldn't tell if the power was dropping at that time, so it was a mind f in the middle of my test. This was happening every few seconds.

Did another free ride, no issues.

Last night did one of the structured workouts, and had the cadence drop out again every few seconds and I do believe the power would just hold at the last power it registered before the drop, and then a few seconds later when the cadence picked back up, the power would update at whatever I was currently pushing. It definitely happens ever 3-5 seconds, and the power doesn't fluctuate during the time the cadence is at 0.

After my workout I restarted the program, and only connected the power meter and clicked off the cadence and trainer. I did a couple minutes of the exact same workout I had just finished and the avatar obviously never stopped pedaling, and the power appears to register normally. While this may have fixed the power inaccuracy issue and weird non-pedaling avatar, it appears to be a band-aid.

Anyone else run into this and any fixes? Worst case, I'm not concerned if I can't track cadence if it is what it is with my setup.

Thanks.

I'm having the exact same issue. Everything was fine on Sunday in a group ride, cadence drop outs galore during my structured workout on Tuesday -- my power was on the heads up display as was my heart rate but my cadence was -- and my avatar was not pedaling. In fact, I just made a note to myself to replace the batteries in my cadence sensor before my ride tomorrow in case it's a simple battery issue.

Janyne
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How solid is your wifi connection? I Zwift out in the garage which is a ways from my router through Apple TV + companion app on my iphone. I would get seemingly random drops like this until I installed a wifi mesh system (I got the AmpliFi system from Ubiquiti). Now it is rock solid and the only time I get a drop is if a sensor battery is done. So you might want to check that and do something to strengthen the wifi if it's a bit weaker where you zwift.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Cadence Drop Out [chrisrpdx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My WiFi isn’t an issue, strong like bull. It wouldn’t make sense because races and group rides are perfect with no issues. It’s only happening during the pre-made workouts including the ftp test.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Similar situation here. I seem to only have the random cadence drops during workouts. Haven’t had them during regular Zwift rides but I have it drop for a few seconds here and there throughout workouts.

I’m on. Stages PM as well and a Fluid2 trainer... for now... Wahoo is in the mail :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same issue. I now get my power from my Stages power meter, but my cadence from a Wahoo Blue sensor. No more problems. I already had the Blue sensor from before I had an actual power meter and was just using virtual power. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Cadence Drop Out [chrisrpdx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an AppleTV setup. I changed the battery in the cadence sensor and that did not resolve the problem. I just changed the battery in the NPE CABLE a few weeks ago but I'll change it again next week. I have some group rides over the weekend and I want to confirm that the dropouts are with structured training and not group rides.

The AppleTV is hardwired so I don't believe that it's a network issue.

Janyne
Quote Reply