Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tririg or Ventus 1? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which vision one do you mean? Not seen one of those over here (UK)
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg or Ventus 1? [TriByran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
woah looks like a Simkins Egg.

Probably stops better though

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg or Ventus 1? [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran the Vision brake for a few years before I was able to get them in the tunnel. Stops just like a normal Ultegra or DA caliper.

The main reason I'm running the TriRig front brake is bc I tested it as the second brake when I ran that test. Since they're basically equal to each other I just left the tririg on there bc I'm too lazy to take it off to put on another brake.

The vision actually tested inside the margin of error of the tunnel at -7.5 yaw (which at A2 is <1w) and was dead on 1w for the rest of the yaw sweep. I'd have no problems running either brake. In fact I'd be running the Vision brake if I'd tested it as the second brake, bc again too lazy to swap out.

For the purpose of real life we call a 1w difference between two thing basically = to each other.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just don’t get how that’s so much better than a standard DA brake, they really aren’t much different! I guess the few areas of smoothness count!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriByran wrote:
These two aero monsters don’t play well together. Or at least not if you want decent braking. I’m already taking a risk on that on a p4!

The cable exit under the v1 means a sharp turn downwards. The cable is still massively in the wind. The diddy brake levers have no recoil.

So which would you choose?

The Ventus one look killer and still test faster than anything when on a bike like a p4 (and brake levers etc on)

The tririg seems variable, some say 2w (not worth it) some say 7w (worth it)

Which would you choose?

I’ve had the Ventus with a DA brake for years and never had braking issues

Ventus and TriRig brake work fine. Had it on my P5 since 2013.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg or Ventus 1? [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The mark 1 version? How are you routing it? Left or right front brake and how much stack under the stem?
I’m finding it has to do a sharp angle downwards out of the bars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
56 P5, 10mm spacer, "normal" routing. Front brake left side. ;)

If you are running reverse braking I can see your issues..

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Last edited by: Ex-cyclist: Dec 11, 19 14:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriByran wrote:
I just don’t get how that’s so much better than a standard DA brake, they really aren’t much different! I guess the few areas of smoothness count!

I think the tri rig brake is only ~6w faster than a normal DA/Ultegra brake. Again too lazy to go look it up

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Tririg or Ventus 1? [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carbon panels mounted and secured in the openings
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg or Ventus 1? [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I currently run a Ventus 1 set up, and have for a number of years. I also use a Simkins Egg Brake on the front. I use Shimano DA cable to make the front brake tight curve. Long ago, I cut and sand flush the tail of the stem clamp on the Ventus, so that I can run a bento up to it. I will try to get a frontal shot and post it soon.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply

Prev Next