Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Extreme Endurance Events Tri (Alaskaman, Alohaman, Island Extreme) puts races on hiatus [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
Can’t speak for everyone else, but the requirement of a support crew basically puts these races out of reach for me.

I agree with that, that's been my #1 hold up the past 2 years for Alaska man.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Extreme Endurance Events Tri (Alaskaman, Alohaman, Island Extreme) puts races on hiatus [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You only need one support crew, not an entire team, so it can be your partner or kids (over the age of 18)
That person just needs to drive and run the last 10-14km with you
Quote Reply
Re: Extreme Endurance Events Tri (Alaskaman, Alohaman, Island Extreme) puts races on hiatus [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats hard when you travel to a lot of races solo or your friends are racing as well.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Extreme Endurance Events Tri (Alaskaman, Alohaman, Island Extreme) puts races on hiatus [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is definitely a huge issue.

I'd feel bad asking that of anyone other than someone I supported.

It doesn't need IM-type support, but a few key aid stations added might help.
Quote Reply
Re: Extreme Endurance Events Tri (Alaskaman, Alohaman, Island Extreme) puts races on hiatus [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done CanadaMan each of the last 2 years and loved the experience! I started doing tris in 1984, done multiple Ironmans including Kona, IM branded and non branded, multiple Worlds. For me, I guess this was the next level of experience... next level of toughness, duration, logistics, training specifics for different terrain. I am very fortunate that I have a supportive wife and son who have been my crew and pacer. And I live within a day's driving distance from the venue. I thought last year was going to be my last chance to experience it, as it's a lot to ask and expect from my 20 year old son to take time off work and commit to training, just so I can do a race. But he asked if we could do it again next year, so I'm ecstatic to be able to do it again. For me, CanadaMan is triathlon on another level.

Re: Ultraman, I am planning my own mini Ultraman, solo self supported. If there was an Ultraman in the northeast I would do it. But the logisics involved with travel and crew etc are too prohibitive for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Extreme Endurance Events Tri (Alaskaman, Alohaman, Island Extreme) puts races on hiatus [scobig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellently put, and sums up the vibe / feel we had at the Manx XTRI.
Quote Reply

Prev Next