Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

When does Wray get fired?
Quote | Reply
Quote:

@realDonaldTrump

I don’t know what report current Director of the FBI Christopher Wray was reading, but it sure wasn’t the one given to me. With that kind of attitude, he will never be able to fix the FBI, which is badly broken despite having some of the greatest men & women working there!

@realDonaldTrump

·
4h
“You have to look at the 17 instances of misconduct cited in the Report, they are very bad. The FISA Court was clearly taken for a ride on this, a failure of the FBI up and fown the chain of command. It’s about as strong a medicine as I’ve seen in a report of this kind...
....in a very long time. The FBI has had some dark day in its past, but nothing like this. This was VERY SERIOUS MISCONDUCT ON THE PART OF THE FBI.”
@brithume
@BretBaier
Are you listening Comey, McCabe, lovers Lisa & Peter, the beautiful Ohr family, Brennan, Clapper & many more?

Wray is not towing the Trump world view. That hasn't ending well with his predecessors.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: When does Wray get fired? [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would be crazy if trump could get away with firing 2 FBI directors, but the Republicans would be fine with it.
Quote Reply
Re: When does Wray get fired? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably one of topics to discuss Russians today. Who do we get to replace straight shooter Wray? And what info does Russia need to hack state election machines for 2020. Just for openers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Barr and Durham have expressed their support of Wray, so I can't imagine there being any momentum to this Trump whine.
Quote Reply
Re: When does Wray get fired? [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
I think Barr and Durham have expressed their support of Wray, so I can't imagine there being any momentum to this Trump whine.

Also Barr: "I think there were gross abuses" and "inexplicable behavior that is intolerable in the FBI."

I would say history is the best predictor of the future.

How many people in whom Trump has expressed dissatisfaction are still in the administration?

Suffer Well.
Last edited by: jmh: Dec 10, 19 9:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:

What, you think those 2 clowns are foolish enough to rain on Trump's "your fired" moment? Smart ball washers those two, they can come in afterwards with a "We're sorry boss you were right what were we thinking? We are not worthy. Please let us stay, we will support you."
Quote Reply
Re: When does Wray get fired? [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about Jeanine Pirro as the next director of the FBI?

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:

Why not just have Barr be both the AG and the Director of the FBI? For that matter he should also be on the Supreme Court.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:

I have three years and change until I'm eligible to retire. That's not funny.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mrs sphere is FBI. I distinctly remember her telling me she finally met a Republican she'd vote in for President. That was Comey, some eight or ten years ago. He was loved in the bureau, which should be evident by Trump whining and projecting that no one liked him. She texted me yesterday and said Wray was addressing them live, regarding the IG report, and how nice it is to have someone defending their department, politics be damned, and standing up for truth. My response was, don't get too attached.

She'll be working under a Trump lackey Director for years to come, very soon. The Bureau deserves better.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: When does Wray get fired? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
jmh wrote:

I have three years and change until I'm eligible to retire. That's not funny.

Thank you for your service to the nation. This stopped being funny a long time ago.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't Trump nominate Wray to Dir. of FBI?
And now Trump is criticizing the report that mostly exonerated the FBI . . . wierd shit man.
Quote Reply
Re: When does Wray get fired? [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LorenzoP wrote:
And now Trump is criticizing the report that mostly exonerated the FBI . . . wierd shit man.

Tonight he said of Wray: "You have great people in the FBI, but not in leadership. You have not good people in leadership." And a crowd of his loyal supporters cheered.

WTF? He appointed him. Only sycophants and those not willing to tell the emperor he has no clothes need to apply for the position.

We are fucked.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LorenzoP wrote:
-
I think Trump (and Barr) should shut up. Not sure why Barr feels the need to be so public on his viewpoint. It's different than Horowitz's, we get it. OTOH, I think Barr and Durham are also doing a serious investigation, with more breadth that the IG could. IG could not even interview Comey, because Comey did not want to reinstate his security clearance...but Durham can.. etc, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
IG could not even interview Comey, because Comey did not want to reinstate his security clearance...but Durham can.. etc, etc.

The IG did interview Comey though. They just couldn't discuss classified information with him, because trump took away his clearance. Durham would have the same issue with Comey, since the same laws regarding classified information would apply to Durham.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LorenzoP wrote:

I’ve lost tack and don’t care to count, but this is not the first time Trump will be cleaning his own swamp while his supporters cheer with glee about a campaign promise being fulfilled. Weird shit indeed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
I think Barr and Durham are also doing a serious investigation,

They're undermining the Justice Dept. investigation. Trump made it clear which direction he wants the investigation to head, and his political appointee signaled that he's eagerly listening. Trump still has no concept of Justice Department independence from politics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
LorenzoP wrote:

-
I think Trump (and Barr) should shut up. Not sure why Barr feels the need to be so public on his viewpoint. It's different than Horowitz's, we get it. OTOH, I think Barr and Durham are also doing a serious investigation, with more breadth that the IG could. IG could not even interview Comey, because Comey did not want to reinstate his security clearance...but Durham can.. etc, etc.

This should be in pink, right? How can you seriously believe Barr will be doing anything to reach a truthful conclusion?

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: When does Wray get fired? [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
dave_w wrote:
LorenzoP wrote:

-

This should be in pink, right? How can you seriously believe Barr will be doing anything to reach a truthful conclusion?

Barr is spinning and playing politics and will continue that effort to the extent of manipulating the timing release of Durham's work. Durham is acting lawfully and his process is within our law. The results of his investigating is presented to a grand jury. If there are grounds to pursue indictment of individuals in violation of our laws that jury will report out same. Guilt or innocence will then be adjudicated in court. Truth may yet be the victor through this conclusion.
Quote Reply
Re: When does Wray get fired? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
dave_w wrote:

They're undermining the Justice Dept. investigation. Trump made it clear which direction he wants the investigation to head, and his political appointee signaled that he's eagerly listening. Trump still has no concept of Justice Department independence from politics.

Should I give Barr’s report more or less credence than his Mueller Report summary?

He’s not the AG for the United States. He’s trump’s fixer. It’s disgusting.
Quote Reply
Re: When does Wray get fired? [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
trail wrote:
dave_w wrote:

Should I give Barr’s report more or less credence than his Mueller Report summary?

He’s not the AG for the United States. He’s trump’s fixer. It’s disgusting.

He literally does not believe that secular people can govern this country. He has a dangerous ideology. He is a theocrat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
WTF? He appointed him. Only sycophants and those not willing to tell the emperor he has no clothes need to apply for the position

That's essentially it, at all levels. Trump, as has been reported and is not shocking in the least, wants to be fed only information that fits his narrative. He doesn't tolerate contradiction and will go, literally, to absurd lengths in that pursuit: reference the hilariously doctored NOAA hurricane forecast map.

So when Trump rails against someone or something in ways that defy logic and fact, it's very likely because he actually believes it, because he's being fed alternative facts that meet his unyielding demand for it. So, yes, he's still to be held accountable for it, but I'm not sure it's fair to say he's lying in these instances.

As Costanza once famously said, it isn't a lie if you believe it.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Dec 11, 19 9:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:

I'll have to go with the G Man on this. Humor may be required therapy some time down the road. But in the moment, we are in a sad state with perilous potential.

I think Trump is just playing to his base with his attacks on Wray and is not at all serious because as dumb as he is, he ain't that dumb. With Barr in his pocket, this Wray posturing is of no matter.
Quote Reply