Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Elf on the Shelf [ACE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I gave one to my dog, my little girl, and within minutes it was a blood bath!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Elf on the Shelf [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vader in the Potater, that's awesome!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Elf on the Shelf [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
I got in trouble a few times when I posed the elf:
  • trying to climb out of a pot on the stove.
  • on the cutting board with a knife stuck in him -- between the torso and arm.
  • in the oven, with his hands taped to the window like he was pounding on the glass to get out.

My wife then took away my elf hiding privileges.

Every once in a while I wish this forum had a “like” button. This is one of those times.

drn92
Quote Reply
Re: Elf on the Shelf [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
As someone who's enjoyed doing it over the years, what's the goal of the whole Elf thing? Is there some kind of moral to the thing or is it literally 'here's a stupid elf, he/she moves around at night, find him/her'? It seems like just one more thing you have to do as an adult and this month is busy enough as it is, trying to understand the motivation while my son is still too young for this kind of thing.

It started as a book, and has grown into a good profit.. No there is no moral or learning, the elf is supposedly how santa watches everyone (the elf report's back)... Kids are older, the whole thing seems kind of dumb to me.. I mean, if he's hiding how come the kids find him so easy

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Elf on the Shelf [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never got into the Elf. Thought it was a pain in the ass, although the kids were into it. I would usually forget to move it then wake up in a panic realizing I forgot to move him. We forgot a couple of times and the kids would freak out.
Quote Reply
Re: Elf on the Shelf [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a teacher I LOVE elf on the shelf. I build it up by showing the elf on an airplane, unpacking, cooking (there are alot of pictures of the elf doing various things on the internet...many are not appropriate for school though). and then it arrives with a letter, read the story, etc. I move it each night/morning to another place in the classroom. Some kids are totally freaked out by it and others are just on their best behavior. I have even brought out the elf on the shelf at other times of the year (ie. week before spring break, etc.) and told the kids that the elf came back to visit.
Quote Reply
Re: Elf on the Shelf [Kat_Kong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume you work at a private school? My daughters school is very diverse. My daughter has several Somali kids in her class who dont even dress up for Halloween.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A few seasons ago our elf was involved in a vehicular homicide involving Barbie, her girlfriend and her dream car corvette.

And that is when I lost my elf hiding privileges both literally and, for awhile, metaphorically.
Quote Reply
Re: Elf on the Shelf [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
I assume you work at a private school? My daughters school is very diverse. My daughter has several Somali kids in her class who dont even dress up for Halloween.

That's what I was thinking - my kid's school is really diverse too. They do a big Diwali celebration every year. It's pretty awesome (I grew up in a small rural town).
Quote Reply
Re: Elf on the Shelf [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Elf on the Shelf [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 The blood splatter on the candy canes in the background adds to the effect.

Last edited by: YarnYoda: Dec 10, 19 10:25
Quote Reply
Re: Elf on the Shelf [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattr wrote:
I never got into the Elf. Thought it was a pain in the ass, although the kids were into it. I would usually forget to move it then wake up in a panic realizing I forgot to move him. We forgot a couple of times and the kids would freak out.

George the elf is on day three in the same place. He must be stuck as his scarf is wrapped around the curtain rod. Tonight we will have to take out the kitchen tongs (since you can’t touch him) and free him. He’s really quite uncoordinated and gets stuck a surprisingly lot for an elf that can fly in the dark...

It’s always entertaining watching kids try to free him with cooking tools without touching him or letting him fall on the floor.
Quote Reply
Re: Elf on the Shelf [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
mattr wrote:

George the elf is on day three in the same place. He must be stuck as his scarf is wrapped around the curtain rod. Tonight we will have to take out the kitchen tongs (since you can’t touch him) and free him. He’s really quite uncoordinated and gets stuck a surprisingly lot for an elf that can fly in the dark...

It’s always entertaining watching kids try to free him with cooking tools without touching him or letting him fall on the floor.

Wait - why can't you touch him or let him fall to the floor? Is he made out of a flag?
Quote Reply
Re: Elf on the Shelf [YarnYoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YarnYoda wrote:
The blood splatter on the candy canes in the background adds to the effect.

I laughed way too hard at this....

Prev Next