Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Video to Famiglietti's 3:55 Zwift run at The Running Event [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You answered the question: Runners are to blame as well so why on earth would we put a virtual world together where runners and cyclists are together?

I’m not talking about the friendliness of people on bikes. As a cyclist I also generally get a nice wave or nod from a passing cyclist in the opposite direction. I’m only talking about the attitudes of cyclists towards runners and yes it’s fair to say the opposite direction.

I didn’t say running is cheap. I simply said runners are cheap. I train with runners, cyclists, swimmers, and triathletes. I also worked 20 years in retail selling directly to runners so I have a really good sense on what the trends are. I’ll simply go to one of my running buddies though. He’s got more money then he can use. He buys shoes when they are on sale. The only new shorts he’s gotten in the last 3 years were given to him. His biggest expense in running was travel to qualify and now travel to run Boston.

As someone who has worked in running for a long time. The running market is heavily sought after. There were 32 shoe brands with measurable data in the New York City Marathon this year. There were 53,000 runners who finished. If you go to a gym, the treadmills are full. Zwift sees that and if they can capture just that, people who run on a treadmill it’s a fairly large piece of the running business.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply

Prev Next