Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Towns canceling Christmas parades.... [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
j p o wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:
....citing boogeyman concerns about professional protesters from out of town.

The DoC has members in the parade and they claim they’ve received agitations for protest.

No proof, no names, nothing. Just cancel.

Knee jerk or is it a way to try to decry the “antifa” boogeyman? Ain’t nobody going to show up to protest your Christmas parade yo.

Like, wut?

At least two cancellations local to me so far.

Wait, you left out a very pertinent part. They thought people would protest the float with a Confederate flag. In a Christmas parade. And they think the bad guys are the protesters. Not the people putting a Confederate flag. In a Christmas parade.

So it is ok to run a prominent Confederate flag in a town sponsored Christmas parade. The bad guys are the people who think that is wrong.

Wait, you left out a very pertinent part. The float holding the flag is the for the group Sons and Daughters of the Confederacy. That flag is part of their history. What flag should they show on their float?

Because white supremacy should not have a float in any parade.

This is not difficult.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
j p o wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:

The DoC has members in the parade and they claim they’ve received agitations for protest.

Knee jerk or is it a way to try to decry the “antifa” boogeyman? Ain’t nobody going to show up to protest your Christmas parade yo.

Like, wut?

Wait, you left out a very pertinent part. They thought people would protest the float with a Confederate flag. In a Christmas parade. And they think the bad guys are the protesters. Not the people putting a Confederate flag. In a Christmas parade.

So it is ok to run a prominent Confederate flag in a town sponsored Christmas parade. The bad guys are the people who think that is wrong.

Wait, you left out a very pertinent part. The float holding the flag is the for the group Sons and Daughters of the Confederacy. That flag is part of their history. What flag should they show on their float?

a flag of them going off to fuck themselves...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Towns canceling Christmas parades.... [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:

Like, wut?

Did you know when you posted this what the real deal was?

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
j p o wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:

Like, wut?

One that shows how sorry they are that their ancestors were rebel scum who fought to keep people enslaved. The part of their history they are showing is the fight to preserve slavery. That should make them ashamed, not proud.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Towns canceling Christmas parades.... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
One that shows how sorry they are that their ancestors were rebel scum who fought to keep people enslaved. The part of their history they are showing is the fight to preserve slavery. That should make them ashamed, not proud.

Always so strange that they want to celebrate their heritage of a time that lasted only 4 years and not, you know, the rest of history. Yes, lets celebrate that time we killed a bunch of US soldiers and kidnapped American citizens, so that we could keep slave and celebrate white supremacy. Those are the 4 years they are so proud of.

It is obvious why they want to celebrate that short part of their "history" specifically.
Quote Reply
Re: Towns canceling Christmas parades.... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

Fail.

Stereotypical Canadian meme lacks a beaver. Minus 20 million Canadian internet points (I think that's about 10 freedom points).
Laughed out loud. Well played.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
j p o wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:

Like, wut?

A banner that reads “treason in defense of slavery”

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Re: Towns canceling Christmas parades.... [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
BLeP wrote:
It's all part of the DEEP STATE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!

It's getting tough to keep track of all these wars going on.

Who won the War on Thanksgiving?
Amazon did
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Towns canceling Christmas parades.... [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
Quote:

This was very clever.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Towns canceling Christmas parades.... [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
patf wrote:
j p o wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:

Like, wut?

Because white supremacy should not have a float in any parade.

This is not difficult.

I wonder if The Daughters of the Nazis do Christmas parades in Germany?
Quote Reply
Re: Towns canceling Christmas parades.... [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:

Like, wut?

Did you know when you posted this what the real deal was?

Actually, no. I saw it on WRAL and thought "hm, interesting, wonder what's going on here". Their articles often lack a good amount of details or good info.

We learn about Nazi history without dressing up like the SS and waving around their flags. Why is this the exception in the US? Doesn't matter the "cause" or the background of why the south seceded, they lost. Losers don't usually get to keep all their statues, banners, flags and such when the winners take over. To be clear, I'm not equating the atrocities of the SS and Germans with our Civil War. Simply to juxtapose in recent history how the symbols and statues of the losers were accounted for.
Quote Reply
Re: Towns canceling Christmas parades.... [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Losers don't usually get to keep all their statues, banners, flags and such when the winners take over.

This is the crux of the issue.

One could argue, war being politics by other means and vice versa, that they didn't lose.

Quote Reply
Re: Towns canceling Christmas parades.... [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reply to no one and everyone in this thread I guess....but this thread is ugly in every direction.

I don’t support the Sons and Daughters of the Confederacy, “southern rights causes”, or certainly any type of white supremacy group

but isn’t openly mocking, calling scum, and celebrating surrender of actual men who fought and died in combat a bit much?

Do we not memorialize and remember WW2 victories and somber moments in spite of what occurred to US citizens of Japanese decent during the war?

Just seems like a train wreck thread

Carry on
Last edited by: talking head: Dec 9, 19 7:56
Quote Reply
Re: Towns canceling Christmas parades.... [talking head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
talking head wrote:
but isn’t openly mocking, calling scum, and celebrating surrender of actual men who fought and died in combat a bit much?

Nope. They killed more US soldiers than any other military for white supremacy. They kidnapped US citizens and forced them into slavery. Not to mention those same symbols have been used in the century since in order to promote white supremacy and trample on the rights of black people.

Germans don't go around waving the Nazi flag or building statues to Nazi generals just because a bunch of their soldiers died in WWII. They understand they are in the wrong and have memorials to their soldiers with out glorifiying their cause or with symbols of their hatred. .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
former Soldier here.

Yes, we, especially those in the profession of arms, memorialize fallen combatants, even the enemy. Especially the enemy sometimes. It's a sign of respect. A sign of humanity.

That said, you'd have to be very obtuse, 150 years on, to perceive any of this stuff as memorializing or mourning the dead, or that those that "mourn" have any self awareness for what "they" (seeing as how they choose to align themselves) lost or what cause it was lost for, or how sad and pathetic it all was in the end.

So, to sum up, nobody that I can tell is calling any Confederate Soldiers scum or mocking them. Quite the contrary, they were the superior tactical force who fought bravely and hard but were overwhelmed by operational and strategic level issues.

And I don't see this as a train wreck thread, rather it's an important conversation that needs to be had, one that we've collectively been putting off for 150 years.

E

talking head wrote:
Reply to no one and everyone in this thread I guess....but this thread is ugly in every direction.

I don’t support the Sons and Daughters of the Confederacy, “southern rights causes”, or certainly any type of white supremacy group

Do we not memorialize and remember WW2 victories and somber moments in spite of what occurred to US citizens of Japanese descent during the war?

Carry on

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talking head wrote:

Do we not memorialize and remember WW2 victories and somber moments in spite of what occurred to US citizens of Japanese decent during the war?

Carry on
I know where you're coming from.

But we memorialize and remember our troops from WW2. We might acknowledge Japanese or German success in combat in history books, but we don't erect monuments, dress up in uniforms, and wave flags in public parades to celebrate their achievements at Savo Island or the Battle of the Bulge.

The Sons and Daughters of the Confederacy don't need to be provided with public platforms to demonstrate their support for a flawed cause.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talking head wrote:

Carry on

Just what this forum needs -- more virtue signaling.
Quote Reply

Prev Next