Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sondland -- Zelenskiy "Loves Your Ass"
Quote | Reply
Rut-Roh. Sondland might have a little perjury problem. And Lindsey Graham has competition for kissing Trump's ass.

Quote:
An unsecured mobile phone call to Donald Trump from his top diplomat in Europe, who was sitting in an open-air restaurant, could yield the most direct evidence yet that the president himself pressured a foreign power to conduct politically motivated investigations.
The call was recounted to House impeachment investigators by David Holmes, the political counselor at the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine, during a closed-door hearing on Friday, adding direct knowledge about Trump’s conduct to the case Democrats are building against him.
Holmes’s opening statement, reported by CNN, also raises the stakes for Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, who was on the other end of the telephone call with Trump and is set to testify in public next week.
After a July 26 meeting in Kyiv with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, Holmes said he, Sondland and two other embassy staffers went to a restaurant where the ambassador called Trump and said Zelenskiy “loves your ass.”
Trump, who was speaking loudly enough for Holmes to hear, then asked, “So, he’s gonna do the investigation?” -- an apparent reference to probes of former Vice President Joe Biden and the 2016 election, which Trump and his allies wanted Ukraine to pursue.
According to Holmes, Sondland replied “he’s gonna do it,” adding that Zelenskiy will do “anything you ask him to.”
Holmes said he later asked Sondland if the president cared about Ukraine, and Sondland said Trump did not “give a s--- about Ukraine.”
“I asked why not, and Ambassador Sondland stated that the president only cares about ‘big stuff,’” Holmes testified, according to the document posted by CNN. “I noted that there was ‘big stuff’ going on in Ukraine, like a war with Russia, and Ambassador Sondland replied that he meant ‘big stuff’ that benefits the president, like the ‘Biden investigation.”’
https://www.bloomberg.com/...-diplomat-tell-trump
David Holmes' statement here.

1. Who talks to the President of the United States like that?
2. Who talks to the President of the United States like that with the volume so loud on his phone so that people within earshot can hear both sides of the call?
3. Are these people really that bad at this?

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Sondland -- Zelenskiy "Loves Your Ass" [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Rut-Roh. Sondland might have a little perjury problem. And Lindsey Graham has competition for kissing Trump's ass.

Quote:
An unsecured mobile phone call to Donald Trump from his top diplomat in Europe, who was sitting in an open-air restaurant, could yield the most direct evidence yet that the president himself pressured a foreign power to conduct politically motivated investigations.
The call was recounted to House impeachment investigators by David Holmes, the political counselor at the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine, during a closed-door hearing on Friday, adding direct knowledge about Trump’s conduct to the case Democrats are building against him.
Holmes’s opening statement, reported by CNN, also raises the stakes for Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, who was on the other end of the telephone call with Trump and is set to testify in public next week.
After a July 26 meeting in Kyiv with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, Holmes said he, Sondland and two other embassy staffers went to a restaurant where the ambassador called Trump and said Zelenskiy “loves your ass.”
Trump, who was speaking loudly enough for Holmes to hear, then asked, “So, he’s gonna do the investigation?” -- an apparent reference to probes of former Vice President Joe Biden and the 2016 election, which Trump and his allies wanted Ukraine to pursue.
According to Holmes, Sondland replied “he’s gonna do it,” adding that Zelenskiy will do “anything you ask him to.”
Holmes said he later asked Sondland if the president cared about Ukraine, and Sondland said Trump did not “give a s--- about Ukraine.”
“I asked why not, and Ambassador Sondland stated that the president only cares about ‘big stuff,’” Holmes testified, according to the document posted by CNN. “I noted that there was ‘big stuff’ going on in Ukraine, like a war with Russia, and Ambassador Sondland replied that he meant ‘big stuff’ that benefits the president, like the ‘Biden investigation.”’
https://www.bloomberg.com/...-diplomat-tell-trump
David Holmes' statement here.

2. Who talks to the President of the United States like that with the volume so loud on his phone so that people within earshot can hear both sides of the call?

The answer to all three questions is...Only the best people.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
“So, let me get this straight. You didn’t actually talk to the President, nor have you ever met him, nor has he ever had you in the Oval Office. You just heard him clearly on the phone saying these things and then ambassador Sondland (who President Trump doesn’t even know) tells you that he just cares about the investigation and not about Ukraine?” “And you’re the new star witness?!”

Jim Jordan, next week.
Quote Reply
Re: Sondland -- Zelenskiy "Loves Your Ass" [triguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy101 wrote:
Jim Jordan, next week.

That fucking pedophile... he needs the black helicopters to pay him a visit.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zelensky’s response will be interesting. Doesn’t want to seem weak, so now may be less helpful to Trump. Tough spot and demonstrates why this was not in the US’s best interest.
Last edited by: Kay Serrar: Nov 16, 19 10:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It has been a while since my active duty service but I don't think our need for security sensitivity has changed. There is lot wrong with this administration and you can easily be held guilty for piling on on a whole bunch of nitpicks, but this open air, foreign country location, unsecure cell phone conversation with the head shed is beyond the pale.
Quote Reply
Re: Sondland -- Zelenskiy "Loves Your Ass" [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
It has been a while since my active duty service but I don't think our need for security sensitivity has changed. There is lot wrong with this administration and you can easily be held guilty for piling on on a whole bunch of nitpicks, but this open air, foreign country location, unsecure cell phone conversation with the head shed is beyond the pale.

It just shows once again how bad faith the "but her emails" crowd was. Suddenly they are silent about proper communication security, between this and the State employees using whatsapp. Especially in this case, they just gave a bunch of foreign intelligence services (from Russia to Ukraine itself) some nice compromising information on the President of the United States. They can hold this information over the President to get what they want.
Quote Reply
Re: Sondland -- Zelenskiy "Loves Your Ass" [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Zelensky’s response will be interesting. Doesn’t want to seem weak, so now may be less helpful to Trump. Tough spot and demonstrates why this was not in the US’s best interest.

I'm going to assume this is true for this purpose - I know Russia and the former Soviet Republics aren't exactly pillars of anti-corruption so who knows whether to believe them or not. However, I have seen all of the Taken and John Wick movies and one thing I do know is, don't ever talk shit about Eastern Bloc. They aren't going to forget.
Quote Reply
Re: Sondland -- Zelenskiy "Loves Your Ass" [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:

News flash, Trump is an idiot.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:

Are you saying you've never heard old people talking on the phone?
Quote Reply
Re: Sondland -- Zelenskiy "Loves Your Ass" [triguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy101 wrote:
“So, let me get this straight. You didn’t actually talk to the President, nor have you ever met him, nor has he ever had you in the Oval Office. You just heard him clearly on the phone saying these things and then ambassador Sondland (who President Trump doesn’t even know) tells you that he just cares about the investigation and not about Ukraine?” “And you’re the new star witness?!”

Jim Jordan, next week.

Dismissing reports of ass-lovin' is right in Gym Jordan's area of expertise.
Quote Reply
Re: Sondland -- Zelenskiy "Loves Your Ass" [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
triguy101 wrote:

Jim Jordan, next week.

Dismissing reports of ass-lovin' is right in Gym Jordan's area of expertise.

Fuck that guy...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never attribute to malice what can easily be explained by incompetence.

At John Oliver says: this is stupid watergate II.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was thinking the same thing.... unless he is claiming that Sonland had his phone on speaker and he acknowledged he did I find it hard to believe he heard anything but one side of a conversation.
Quote Reply