Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Jojo Rabbit....
Quote | Reply
Anybody see it? I enjoyed it. A whimsical and satirical look at intolerance. Probably not for everyone, but I like Taika Waititi's sense of absurd humor.
Last edited by: oldandslow: Nov 13, 19 14:21
Quote Reply
Re: Jojo Rabbit.... [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't seen it, but we do watch a lot of Jojo Siwa at my house. I get the feeling that the two aren't similar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am intrigued

From the trailer it looks like there was a game where you took a Director from one pile of cards and a 60s/70s TV show from another pile of cards, Leading Man from another, and Leading Woman from yet another and you had to make a movie

Taika Waititi drew 'Wes Anderson' 'Hogan's Heroes' 'Sam Rockwell' and 'Rebel Wilson'

How ELSE could this get green-lit?

I can't WAIT to see Jon Favreau's Gilligan's Island with Christian Bale [as Gilligan] and Elizabeth Moss [as MaryAnn ... or maybe Mrs. Howell?]

ETA: M Night Shamalan already did Green Acres as done by Ridley Scott with The Village . so maybe this has been going on for a while?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: Nov 13, 19 18:38
Quote Reply
Re: Jojo Rabbit.... [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watched this for the first time this morning. Dog decided 5:00 am was a terrific time to go poop, so I was up early and as such have had several hours to myself. With the dog.

Brewed a pot of coffee and low and behold the second half of Kingpin was on so I watched that. “Who you calling a psycho!” Classic. Of course, when that was over it was still just about 6:00.

I DVR’d JOJO Rabbit last week with the intention of it being our Saturday night matinee, but my wife wasn’t interested. So, seeing as I had the place to myself, I fired it up.

Fantastic. I’m not a particularly emotional human being, and like some of my generation and upbringing find the outward expression of such somewhat embarrassing. So, good thing everyone else is still asleep, because when those kids started to dance in the final scene it brought literal tears to my eyes. I’m pretty sure the last time that happened was when I saw Schindler’s List in the theater when I was about 20.

I’m still laying here hugging up my dog and hoping the rest of my family stays in bed for awhile because this is just humiliating. And I can’t figure out, logically, why I’m having such a strong and unusual reaction to a ducking movie.

I think that means it’s a great movie?
Quote Reply
Re: Jojo Rabbit.... [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree, I enjoyed it very much. A very different take on the horrors of war but also very well done. The ending with “Heroes” is awesome. Perfect song choice when you think about the context of when Bowie wrote it.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great film. Good for family too, though tackles some tough topics.
Quote Reply
Re: Jojo Rabbit.... [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

Great, but describe "family".

There's pretty violent stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it available on any of the typical streams? netflix, hbo, hulu, prime, etc?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Jojo Rabbit.... [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Fantastic. I’m not a particularly emotional human being, and like some of my generation and upbringing find the outward expression of such somewhat embarrassing. So, good thing everyone else is still asleep, because when those kids started to dance in the final scene it brought literal tears to my eyes. I’m pretty sure the last time that happened was when I saw Schindler’s List in the theater when I was about 20.

I’m still laying here hugging up my dog and hoping the rest of my family stays in bed for awhile because this is just humiliating. And I can’t figure out, logically, why I’m having such a strong and unusual reaction to a ducking movie.

The dancing also brought tears to my eyes, so no judgement from me! I basically cried the whole way through "The Art of Racing in the Rain" as I had just lost my dog to cancer a few months before watching.

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Last edited by: Smil'n Hawaiian: Dec 13, 20 9:03
Quote Reply
Re: Jojo Rabbit.... [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure it is on HBO Max
Quote Reply
Re: Jojo Rabbit.... [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Is it available on any of the typical streams? netflix, hbo, hulu, prime, etc?

We have google fiber and It is currently available on HBO on demand with that service.

It occurred to me that the kid that plays JoJo looks virtually identical to one of my nephews.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great, we have hbo/max, so I will check it out. The trailer looks, uh, funny? (but not an inherently funny topic)

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Jojo Rabbit.... [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Great, but describe "family".

There's pretty violent stuff.

12+ 🤷
Quote Reply