Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Personal metabolic analyzer
Quote | Reply
PNOÄ’

https://www.mypnoe.com/

Anyone sign up for this yet? Saw this in my email from WHOOP, not affiliated or anything, just curious to hear peoples thoughts
Last edited by: mike s: Nov 7, 19 10:49
Quote Reply
Re: Personal metabolic analyzer [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$7,500
Seriously? even for the triathlon crowd that is absurd
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, absurd is a good description. If you need to know your FTP and VO2, just go to a local university. Cost about $200 and it will be done correctly by certified personnel, and with calibrated equipment.

Personal metabolic analyzer for $7500......Lol!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I work for a supplement company and we got a couple units on preorder for about half that price. At the time we purchased, there was a $100/month charge for access to the website/software, not sure if that is still part of the deal with this higher price.

We use it to test the metabolic effects of our products and programs, and it's given us some solid data so far. Mainly it gives objective data when transitioning clients onto a high-fat, moderate-protein, low-carb way of eating; it's pretty powerful to be able to show somebody their before and after graphs and see how much more fat they burn in a simple treadmill ramp test.

I've played around with it on the indoor bike trainer. I can only ever get 1.5-2 hours before my sweat drips into the air intake and fudges up the readings. So rather than long steady-state efforts, I've found it to be most useful for ramp-style tests to find out (a) VO2max, (b) optimal fat-burning adaptation heart rate, (c) fuel utilization (carb vs fat) crossover heart rate, and (d) anaerobic threshold heart rate. Probably the most relevant to tri training is the anaerobic threshold, the rest of the numbers being mainly for funsies. It also does an RMR test if you're trying to drop some weight.

It's definitely more useful for gym owners and coaches, the types who could charge a fee to test clients. Getting the same tests done here in Singapore ran about 300 USD for each person, so the breakeven point or us was about 12 tests.

If anyone is in Utah or Singapore, shoot me a PM. I'd be happy to test you if you want to swing by either of our offices.

Darren
https://www.strava.com/athletes/12385497
Quote Reply