Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Miamiman - Pre race ride
Quote | Reply
Heading down to Miami for the Miamiman this weekend. Does anyone know if the roads around the area (South of Miami) are OK for a pre-race ride on Sat? Would a better bet just be to go to the Key Biscayne casueway area?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Miamiman - Pre race ride [Fluffyfin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So the course is on back roads in an agricultural area. You should be okay to ride it, just bring plenty of lights so that you're seen and expect some close passing. Riding Key Biscayne is another option and there are plenty of groups out there in the AM so there's safety in numbers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't offer an opinion on that one but I plan on driving the course on Saturday afternoon just to make myself feel prepared. Maybe do the practice swim too. This is my very first non-local race and I'm already a nervous wreck. I know I'll feel better once I get past the first buoy and get into just doing it (long course Aquabike).

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did miamiman last year. I pre drove the course ahead of time. I think you should be fine pre riding it. Majority of the roads are kinda farm roads especially as you get further away from where transition area is.

For me driving it was fine prep - it’s very flat nothing technical. There’s a railroad crossing that’s good to be aware of and unless they changed it this year it’s good to know where you have to do an extra loop of you are doing the longer course etc. Overall I felt driving the course and riding my bike for few miles in and out of transition was great prep.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long, straight farmland surrounded roads are fine to ride anytime.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Judging from previous year’s results the Ike course for the International distance event appears to be shorter than the stated 22 miles. Older age group leaders are completing in 48-54 minutes— seems less than 22 mile times. Anyone know actual bike course length?
Quote Reply
Re: Miamiman - Pre race ride [A527G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A527G wrote:
Long, straight farmland surrounded roads are fine to ride anytime.

Not exactly 100% true.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're by KB and want some quick miles its an easy ride. If you're staying down by the course riding the Loop on the long distance bike course is safe as those are the purely farm roads. Here is my long ride route as well not too far from the race venue that will give you something different through mostly lesser traveled roads and farmland (usually start around 7am)

https://www.strava.com/routes/21739853
Quote Reply
Re: Miamiman - Pre race ride [Squidly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Do you know if the international bike course is a true 22 miles? Past results seem to imply a shorter course given the number of completions under an hour or even a large number under 55 minutes. Thnx
Quote Reply
Re: Miamiman - Pre race ride [BigChase] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone want to ride Saturday? I’m getting in late tonight.
Quote Reply
Re: Miamiman - Pre race ride [BigChase] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I only did the international in 2013 so I looked it up. It was 21.3 mi back then.

BigChase wrote:
Do you know if the international bike course is a true 22 miles? Past results seem to imply a shorter course given the number of completions under an hour or even a large number under 55 minutes. Thnx

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Results posted yet?
Quote Reply
Re: Miamiman - Pre race ride [D.O.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here you go:

https://triscoringlive.com/

Alex Arman

Strava