Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IG Report Today? [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
One does not just approve 99% of warrant submissions without being hustled a fair amount of the time. That was the scariest thing I read in that article. Sounds like you could put shit on a stick and it would get approved, although I really hope that isn't the case.

If nobody is punished for this. I guess we can look forward to a lot more of it.

The same people will vote against reforms of FISA, just like they did in 2014.
Quote Reply
Re: IG Report Today? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
getcereal wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
One does not just approve 99% of warrant submissions without being hustled a fair amount of the time. That was the scariest thing I read in that article. Sounds like you could put shit on a stick and it would get approved, although I really hope that isn't the case.

If nobody is punished for this. I guess we can look forward to a lot more of it.

Well, ISIS has been defeated so I wonder if Moscow Mitch’s views have changed.
Quote Reply
Re: IG Report Today? [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
chaparral wrote:
getcereal wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

Mitch was one of the 4 Republicans to vote for the reforms.

Lindsey and his cohort screaming about it, they had no problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:

If the GOP has genuine concern that the FBI and FISA court are deeply corrupt, then they should initiate an audit of every FISA surveillance application of the past decade or so, to find if flaws are endemic to the process in general, or just suddenly happened in this one case.

But somehow I suspect that won't happen. We're gonna just go ahead and focus on this one case.
Quote Reply
Re: IG Report Today? [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
meanwhile, an NFL player just got fired for using the "R" word, although I suspect there was a lot more behind the scenes. What a weird world we live in.

I can sympathize with that firing. As a former coach, at the start of the season, I would give the kids an hour-long class on social media, and how one drunken word can follow them for the rest of their lives. And make everyone sign a social media code of conduct. And some would just ignore it and be stupid anyway. At some point you're just done with those people. Coach people who are coachable. Get rid of people who aren't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
chaparral wrote:
getcereal wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

Mitch was one of the 4 Republicans to vote for the reforms.

I guess I should have looked at the voting record and bill. I saw this from the article and assumed he was a Nay for reforms.

Earlier Tuesday, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., took a stand against the bill. Citing the U.S. fight against extremist terrorist group ISIS, he said, "At a minimum, we shouldn't be doing anything to make the situation worse. Yet, that's just what this bill would do."

Another "No" vote came from Sen. Rand Paul, who said that he voted against the bill because "it currently extends key provisions of the Patriot Act until 2017."
Last edited by: TimeIsUp: Dec 13, 19 15:59
Quote Reply

Prev Next