Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trump picks Doral for G7 Summit [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Mulvaney actively *trying* to get fired, ""I think he knows, people think it looks lousy."
Quote Reply
Re: Trump picks Doral for G7 Summit [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the whole thing was just a publicity stunt to promote Doral, as Trump knew he couldn’t hold it there. The alternative is that he’s that dumb that he thought it was perfectly appropriate.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump picks Doral for G7 Summit [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
I think the whole thing was just a publicity stunt to promote Doral, as Trump knew he couldn’t hold it there. The alternative is that he’s that dumb that he thought it was perfectly appropriate.

He thought it was perfectly appropriate to leave our allies to get slaughtered. Color me to stupid to think this wasn’t a publicity stunt. Trump is beholden to the media and dems for his morality meter since those around him can’t control him and most Republicans are having trouble locating their spine at the moment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trump thought the GOP was going to defend him like they normally do. Just look at what Rubio said a week ago, something along the lines of "This will be great exposure for florida." [i.e. I am ok with corruption as long as it is helpful to me]. Other senators had defended the move as well.

This shows that it really only takes a few GOP senators to change trumps behavior.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump picks Doral for G7 Summit [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
Trump thought the GOP was going to defend him like they normally do. Just look at what Rubio said a week ago, something along the lines of "This will be great exposure for florida." [i.e. I am ok with corruption as long as it is helpful to me]. Other senators had defended the move as well.

This shows that it really only takes a few GOP senators to change trumps behavior.

The beauty of this short lasting and wrongheaded idea is that we now have on record a number of elected and un-elected ballwashers who have demonstrated how quickly they will rush to support Trump no matter how ill conceived or illegal his idea. Those people all need to be reminded and beat about the head and neck with their own stupidity and depravity at every opportunity.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump picks Doral for G7 Summit [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its also not just the ballwashers/supporters. There are people here and in congress who hedge that they dont support trump, but they 1) never seem to know the current events, and are completely ignorant about things that they probably should be at least tangentially knowledgeable about. "I have not read the report," "I have not seen the tweets," "I have not look into the emoluments clause", or the people who 2) seem to not think all of his actions are not that big of deal. "We have to hold it somewhere," "he is in the hospitality business", etc.

Its because of these people that impeachment needs to happen. All congressmen should be forced to 1) study the presidents violations (they should at least know the current events), 2) put on record that they dont care about this stuff.

All of this WILL happen again to some degree. Standards need to be set in writing. If the democrats didnt let Clinton slide for lying under oath, I feel strongly that Trump would have been forced to testify a while ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Is Mulvaney actively *trying* to get fired, ""I think he knows, people think it looks lousy."

Trump is floating ideas for his replacement, among others Mnuchin or Conway.

I vote for Conway. She'd be the best.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:

Trump is floating ideas for his replacement, among others Mnuchin or Conway.

I vote for Conway. She'd be the best.

I could fix the problem. Stop using Mulvaney as a press secretary, doing rounds with the media. That's why you have a press secretary. So you can tell her only what she needs to know, so there's a simple story. Your Chief of Staff usually is supposed to know almost everything. So don't expose him to unscripted questioning. Especially if he's not good at it, which Mick clearly isn't. But it's not his fault.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
I could fix the problem. Stop using Mulvaney as a press secretary, doing rounds with the media. That's why you have a press secretary. So you can tell her only what she needs to know, so there's a simple story. Your Chief of Staff usually is supposed to know almost everything. So don't expose him to unscripted questioning. Especially if he's not good at it, which Mick clearly isn't. But it's not his fault.

Either that or Mick is tried of the BS and is intentionally dropping the truth at every opportunity he gets.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So they have not announced the new location yet. Imagine it would be easy to just go with the runner up or even third place? They were all vetted, so it should be very easy to announce after evaluating all the locations. They have done all the works, should be pretty easy, right?

Or do we just need more evidence how corrupt this decision was?
Quote Reply
Re: Trump picks Doral for G7 Summit [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
So they have not announced the new location yet. Imagine it would be easy to just go with the runner up or even third place? They were all vetted, so it should be very easy to announce after evaluating all the locations. They have done all the works, should be pretty easy, right?

Just curious as to how long you've been waiting to post this?
Quote Reply
Re: Trump picks Doral for G7 Summit [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
chaparral wrote:

Just curious as to how long you've been waiting to post this?

I did not wait, just thought about this and posted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:

You make a solid point. You think maybe it was the #1 and others and now they need to prioritize the others?

To Orph's point, Wow I thought I had it bad but you are in a class of one. Keep up the digging. If trump has proven one thing, you can never have enough bullets to kill him (speaking metaphorically of course).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mick's story doesn't match the timeline here. Shocking, I know.

Quote:
Secret Service agents had identified four U.S. sites as finalists for next year’s Group of Seven summit — but then they were told to add a new finalist: President Trump’s Doral resort, according to an internal Secret Service email released late Friday.
“Our original itinerary included Hawaii, Utah, California and North Carolina,” a Secret Service official wrote, describing a trip that a team of Secret Service personnel took in July to examine the finalists. “By departure, they had already cut two (California and North Carolina) and added Miami on the back end.”
“Miami” meant President Trump’s resort near the Miami airport, which hadn’t been among the original 10 sites that the Secret Service team had vetted. Although vetting of possible sites had begun in late May, the official wrote on July 12 that “yesterday was the first time we put eyes on this [Doral] property.”

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's all good now - RNC is holding their winter meeting there. Got to keep the mob boss happy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Once again another example of why anyone that says trump cares about corruption should not be taken seriously.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Once again another example of why anyone that says trump cares about corruption should not be taken seriously.
That care about corruption fallacy horse can be ridden forever. It will never tire.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump picks Doral for G7 Summit [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:
It's all good now - RNC is holding their winter meeting there. Got to keep the mob boss happy.

hook, line, and sinker. how did the republican party let this happen? Not the event specifically, just.....everything. That's right, it was the democrats fault for not running a more centrist candidate.
Quote Reply

Prev Next