Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Suito... not so sweet
Quote | Reply
I got my suito yesterday. And while I am not seeming to have any issues with the power numbers as others have reported. It seems like everyone who has got one (including me) has a flywheel that is "out of true". Causing the trainer to more or less get a speed wobble when it gets up to speed. Anyone else get one like this? If so any luck with getting elite to take care of it?
Quote Reply
Re: Suito... not so sweet [Eroc43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i got 2 problems
1) the end-cap on the drive side can be unscrew using finger and easily pull-out the whole freehub with cassette attached. If i have to tighten the cassette, need to remove the end-cap in order for the tool to slot-in fully, else with end-cap on it, it doesn't insert fully and will result the tool to slip.

2) when start pedaling, the flywheel will have the kind of sound of train picking up.

And i have sent an email to elite for help to solve it. Hope is just simple fix without the need to return for repair.
Quote Reply
Re: Suito... not so sweet [knightskid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It sounds to me like Elite has followed in the footsteps of Tacx with the original Flux and Wahoo with early generations of Kickr and failed to account for the abuse of shipping when setting production tolerances. If the tolerances are sloppy on the flywheel or belt driving the flywheel you get the grinding/squeeking/out of balance issues described above. Basically the fly wheel is able to move just a smidge but that's enough. The issues only start after the trainers get beat up during the shipment process and tend to get worse as production ramps up do to higher variability in the manufacturing process.

I suspect Elite will identify a small internal part that needs to be redesigned. At some point trainer companies need to design a testing protocol that catches these errors before new units ship. The money that must have been wasted on replacing Wahoo Cores, Tacx Fluxs, Wahoo Kickr gen1, etc should be a wake up call.
Quote Reply
Re: Suito... not so sweet [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I cant imagine anyone wanting to keep the first batch of units given the issues. And it seemed like there were quite a few people who preordered. Shipping alone on these things is not cheap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just ordered one this week. Lets see what comes out of the box....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I received mine last week, and have had nothing but issues. It has issues calibrating via TrainerRoad, it tells me to spin to 4mph, and then fails. I've read that you have to spin it up to 24mph (per norm) it calibrates, which works... but does it really? The power fluctuates a ton compared to my old Kickr, and after 30 mins it started to make a knocking noise from the hub. Also, the freewheel wobbles.
Quote Reply
Re: Suito... not so sweet [kuzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. It seems to work ok in Zwift for matching grades but the power almost never matches in TR. I have more of less given up using ERG in TR because it is always 10-15 watts off. I tried using powermatch in TR, but I feel like there needs to be a sensitivity adjustment because it just seems to change too much. If you hop out of the saddle rear quick, the resistance changes so fast it is like you are riding through cement. Not sure if there is a smoothing feature on Power match that I am missing
Quote Reply