Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

plantar fasciitis help
Quote | Reply
Hi all,
I know there is some older advice on here about plantar fasciitis but wanted to see if anyone has any recent suggestions! I’ve been dealing with plantar fasciitis in both feet for 7 months. The pain in the morning is the worse but it hurts any time I walk for more than a mile and stand for more than 5 minutes. I've totally stopped running, and even walking is painful. The pain started in the heels, and has spread to the arch. I have custom orthotics, straussberg sock night splint, have gone to PT, acupuncture, ART, worn a walking boot for 3 weeks, and even done low-energy extracorporeal shock wave therapy (ESWT) for 3 sessions. I tried cortisone shots, which didn't do anything. I never go barefoot and I do daily stretching and rolling. For those who have done low-energy extracorporeal shock wave therapy, how many sessions did you need for it to work? I've heard some people take more sessions, so maybe I need to try more?

I’d love any recommendations on things you tried, how long it took to heal, and any encouraging words!

Specifically people who have tried prolotherapy, dry needling, PRP, high-energy shockwave- what worked?
Quote Reply
Re: plantar fasciitis help [mollyrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suffered for it for about a year - still have to wear the boot some weeks!! My buddy just got something Leukocyte-Rich platelet rich plasma injection for his chronic plantar fascistic. It supposed to be an effective treatment when other conservative therapies aren't working- might be something work checking out with your doc?

Jaxs
USAT Tri Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mollyrun wrote:
Hi all,
I know there is some older advice on here about plantar fasciitis but wanted to see if anyone has any recent suggestions! I’ve been dealing with plantar fasciitis in both feet for 7 months. The pain in the morning is the worse but it hurts any time I walk for more than a mile and stand for more than 5 minutes. I've totally stopped running, and even walking is painful. The pain started in the heels, and has spread to the arch. I have custom orthotics, straussberg sock night splint, have gone to PT, acupuncture, ART, worn a walking boot for 3 weeks, and even done low-energy extracorporeal shock wave therapy (ESWT) for 3 sessions. I tried cortisone shots, which didn't do anything. I never go barefoot and I do daily stretching and rolling. For those who have done low-energy extracorporeal shock wave therapy, how many sessions did you need for it to work? I've heard some people take more sessions, so maybe I need to try more?

I’d love any recommendations on things you tried, how long it took to heal, and any encouraging words!

Specifically people who have tried prolotherapy, dry needling, PRP, high-energy shockwave- what worked?

This may be your problem.

You might want to try slowly transitioning to more barefoot time to let your foot try to adapt back to its normal function. All that time in shoes and orthotics may have caused your foot muscles to atrophy and ligaments/tendons to get tight and contracted and painful. It might be a bit more uncomfortable/painful at first as everything starts stretching, adapting and moving back to place. Probably try going barefoot for little bits a time later in the day, when your muscles/ligaments have warmed up a bit. Have you tried rolling your foot over a ball - start with something softer, like a tennis ball, and move to harder balls as you get better (softball/baseball). The whole process of rehabilitating your foot after decades of shoe wearing and running might take years. Good luck.

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look further away from the feet for a long term solution: there is a relationship between plantar faciitis and posterior pelvic tilt or other misalignment in the hips.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/...articles/PMC6617481/

https://www.grayinstitute.com/...ts-plantar-fasciitis

https://yogainternational.com/...or-plantar-fasciitis

http://www.dailybandha.com/...itis-myofascial.html

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Birkenstocks... all day. No thong shoes.

no barefoot in the house

and boot splint at night

yoga, downward dog, loosen up those calf muscles.

Good luck!
Quote Reply