Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [billythestick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just installed the vision Metron integrated cockpit.
The acr plug works fine, if your doing it yourself.

Last edited by: Fitdadjbry: Sep 5, 22 13:38
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [Fitdadjbry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So for y’all with the 2022 p series, how are the riderever triva brakes? I’m replacing my trp one with these.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Working on a bottom bracket box design for the P Series. I have finished the box to fit a 54 frame. See prototype below.
Looking for owners of 48, 51, 56 and 58 cm frames in the San Francisco Bay area to measure and test fit bottom bracket box for those sizes. Private message me if you can help.

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Last edited by: yannb: Jan 3, 23 9:26
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [khanlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you so much everyone for posting this information about how the front brake cable can be routed through the fork!!! This was my only gripe with the P-Series, and I couldn't justify 2-3x the cost of getting the P5 just for this.

I had no idea expander plugs with cable holes existed, and I found about 8 different options. While there are many solid options out there, I didn't want to deal with any faff so I just got this sketchy one from Amazon you can see below. Looking at AliExpress there are actually 3-4 of these different designs, but considering this one is so similar to a basic expander, I figure it's probably the best of the worst options.

Anyway, I managed to install it just fine. I like how the cable route is angled, so the cable is easier to feed into the handlebar. I also got a cheap aluminum top cap I drilled a hole into. The top cap bolt that comes with the P-Series is terrible, that thing is rusting and paint flaking off.

I went out for a test ride today with this new cable routing + handlebars + extensions + levers + waxed chain and saw some immense aero improvements. Probably mostly from everything not related to the cable, but it's still a solid gain :D

Now my only gripe with this bike is how annoying the rear derailleur cable is to feed through from the BB flap to the rear hole. Why couldn't Cervelo just add a funnel or something to the end so it just goes through first time, instead requiring me to do bicycle yoga with one hand feeding the cable and another holding my phone's light through the hole to see where I'm poking. Maybe I should just get one of those temporary cable guides to save myself some hassle...
Last edited by: Darkcoder: Jul 4, 23 8:05
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [Fitdadjbry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fitdadjbry wrote:
I just installed the vision Metron integrated cockpit.
The acr plug works fine, if your doing it yourself.

Do you have better pictures of your setup? Are you running electronic shifting and hydraulic brakes?
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi. 2019 P-Series owner here.

Has anyone removed the bento box from the frame? Either replaced it with something else or just left it off completely?

I am wondering
1. If it’s even possible
2. If there would be an aero penalty

I rarely use mine and sometimes have problems with my knee rubbing against it.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
funny
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the new Cervelo P Series! [mowilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can easily remove the bento box, assuming you don't have anything routed/stored there. Not sure about the aero penalty I imagine it's negligible.
Quote Reply

Prev Next