Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Slipping ship date for Stryd V3?
Quote | Reply
Per the Stryd website, shipping looks to have slipped form August to September. My garmin footpod is on its last days and I was hoping to get the V3 stryd (I have a Fenix 5s so only the V3 will work for me) before the garmin unit totally craps out.

Anyone have any idea when or if these guys are actually shipping? Time to pull the trigger on a different pod? 2/3 of my run training is on a treadmill so a footpod is an invaluable tool for me.

I was hoping to get into training with power but I also don't want to wait until next year or the year after... Ill just move onto the next thing is this isn't going to pan out.
Quote Reply
Re: Slipping ship date for Stryd V3? [BuildingSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're already shipping. I received mine last week. I assume they're just going out in batches based on when you placed your order.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine just shipped today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New GIGO devices? Yay!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
id get something cheaper.

i couldnt be less impressed with a device. its inaccurate and buggy. ive been forced to use it on treadmill runs since my treadtracker died and its proven to be one of the least reliable pieces of tech ive owned.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Slipping ship date for Stryd V3? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny. My experience couldn't be more different. I've had V1 for a couple of years, and have pretty much stopped looking at HR - I just pace purely by power. I've only had v3 for a couple of weeks and have only used it on the treadmill in Zwift, but after doing the Zwift calibration routine it's bang-on on speed compared to my treadmill at any pace.
Quote Reply
Re: Slipping ship date for Stryd V3? [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
el gato wrote:
Funny. My experience couldn't be more different. I've had V1 for a couple of years, and have pretty much stopped looking at HR - I just pace purely by power. I've only had v3 for a couple of weeks and have only used it on the treadmill in Zwift, but after doing the Zwift calibration routine it's bang-on on speed compared to my treadmill at any pace.

the funny thing is you're not suppose to calibrate it to zwift or your treadmill. they market it as actually being more accurate than your treadmill and your treadmill's speed is NEVER right.

ive seen the thing drift speed all over the place if im doing over / unders.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Slipping ship date for Stryd V3? [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
el gato wrote:

I e had version 2 for quite a while

Always been reliable and accurate for me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there still a 'Stryd Live'?? How is it different from just 'Stryd'?? Confused....
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Aug 23, 19 8:34
Quote Reply