Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Team USA kits
Quote | Reply
Hiya ladies! I have the potential to be allocated a roll down slot for 2020 worlds for the draft legal sprint, and have a question regarding opinions about the Roka kits. The swimsuit style looks super cool, and the ITU ladies can rock it for sure, but I’m just wondering how comfortable it is compared to the one with legs. The only type of Tri suit I’ve ever worn is the legged version, and if I was racing the Oly I’d lean more towards the legged type since it has some padding, but for a DL sprint I’m thinking I might be able to get away with the swimsuit style with no padding? Any thoughts/experiences with either style?
Quote Reply
Re: Team USA kits [HeartRN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have an answer, but a suggestion. Try riding your bike in a bathing suit and see how it feels? I for one couldn't stand those leg seams on any saddle. Heck, I can't even stand "tri" pads that are shaped like mini pads instead of coming down the inside of the legs some, b/c I think seams at the saddle edge / leg crease stink.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Team USA kits [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s a good idea, honestly. The first Tri I ever did was in a swimsuit but I threw shorts on in transition for the bike and run..and that was 6 years ago so I definitely don’t remember what that felt like.

I feel you on that type of pad though. I despise cycling shorts that are like that.
Quote Reply
Re: Team USA kits [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I took your advice and honestly it wasn’t bad for 40 minutes. The last 10 I started having some chafing on my inner thigh from the seat but for a sprint distance, I think swimsuit is probably not bad. Any longer and legs would be necessary to counteract any rubbing that body glide wouldn’t take care of.
Quote Reply
Re: Team USA kits [HeartRN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm glad you got useful info from the experiment.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply