Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Premier League Predictions and Season Thread [crowny2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
....maybe that will get Kenny to smile? Watched his daughter Kelly's soccer show on youtube for the first time this morning. Pretty good.

i think lots of 50 something year old neutrals want Liverpool to win the title - reminds me of the 70s and 80s when i had hair and an exciting future to look forward to.

i see everyone who predicted the 3 getting relegated had Sheff United going back down. Hopefully an important lesson to those getting promoted.........Carry on playing the way that got the team into the division.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Premier League Predictions and Season Thread [crowny2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
crowny2 wrote:
5 more wins out of 12 matches and 30 years of waiting is over. 😱

Had this written for the last 20 minutes awaiting the end of this match.

4-0 win over Crystal Palace. A team we SHOULD be beating but to me were the team that in reality denied us the trophy in the 13/14 season when we were up by 3 deep in the second half only to give away 3 quick and sloppy goals to only get a draw.

We are now only 2 points from the trophy. If Man City ties Chelsea tomorrow, we win. Another win, we win. Two draws, we win. It is going to happen, it is just a matter of when. In one of the most screwed up seasons. I'll wait as long as needed for it to happen this season after waiting 30 years.

C'MON YOU REDS!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a good story in today’s Boston Globe about Phoenix Landing, a bar in Cambridge that has been homebase for area Liverpool fans for over 30 years. Owner said it will be bittersweet to have them win it but the bar be empty of the loyal group that packs in tight to watch the matches live.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Official Premier League Predictions and Season Thread [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
There was a good story in today’s Boston Globe about Phoenix Landing, a bar in Cambridge that has been homebase for area Liverpool fans for over 30 years. Owner said it will be bittersweet to have them win it but the bar be empty of the loyal group that packs in tight to watch the matches live.

I used to live a couple blocks from Phoenix Landing. Loved watching games there, even though I wasn't a Liverpool fan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
crowny2 wrote:
crowny2 wrote:

4-0 win over Crystal Palace. A team we SHOULD be beating but to me were the team that in reality denied us the trophy in the 13/14 season when we were up by 3 deep in the second half only to give away 3 quick and sloppy goals to only get a draw.

We are now only 2 points from the trophy. If Man City ties Chelsea tomorrow, we win. Another win, we win. Two draws, we win. It is going to happen, it is just a matter of when. In one of the most screwed up seasons. I'll wait as long as needed for it to happen this season after waiting 30 years.

C'MON YOU REDS!!!!

So are you drunk and disorderly, yet, crowny?

Congrats, man, this was a long time coming.

Liverpool wins the EPL.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Premier League Predictions and Season Thread [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zed707 wrote:
crowny2 wrote:
crowny2 wrote:

C'MON YOU REDS!!!!

Liverpool wins the EPL.

HA! Not quite. Nowhere near as drunk as I was watching Istanbul in '05. Waaaaaaay too many Black and Tans before they even started coming back. And it went downhill from there.

All of my cousins (some season ticket holders) are over the moon. Interestingly enough I had ordered some LFC t-shirts and they arrived yesterday!!!!! Yep, wore one yesterday and am wearing another today. Such a GREAT distraction in this time of unrest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is Pep the biggest whiner in Eurpoe?

Watford, what a Train Wreck.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Official Premier League Predictions and Season Thread [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
Is Pep the biggest whiner in Eurpoe?

Watford, what a Train Wreck.

He is up there, along with Jose Mourinho. I refuse to call him his nickname.

Will be fun to see Leeds back up for the first time in forever. I have family in Leeds and they are over the moon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
as someone who has been a Leeds fan for 50 years i didn't believe it was going to happen until it was a mathematical certainty (it started with the disappointments of 1970 (v Chelsea), 71 (Arsenal catching us in the league), 73 (v Sunderland), 75 (v Bayern Munich) and hasn't got any easier). Must have been the same for you and Liverpool - especially after 2014.

Great to see the respect other managers have for Bielsa - the new king of the north - and all the pundits seeing them as a BIG club, despite the 16 years in the lower divisions. Been a long way back from starting the 3rd tier on negative 15 points in 2007.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Premier League Predictions and Season Thread [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rich_m wrote:
as someone who has been a Leeds fan for 50 years i didn't believe it was going to happen until it was a mathematical certainty (it started with the disappointments of 1970 (v Chelsea), 71 (Arsenal catching us in the league), 73 (v Sunderland), 75 (v Bayern Munich) and hasn't got any easier). Must have been the same for you and Liverpool - especially after 2014.

Great to see the respect other managers have for Bielsa - the new king of the north - and all the pundits seeing them as a BIG club, despite the 16 years in the lower divisions. Been a long way back from starting the 3rd tier on negative 15 points in 2007.

Sunderland, 1973. 1-0. Goal by Ian Porterfield. Division 2 side beating a Division 1 side for the FA cup. One of the biggest upsets in Football and I have the program from the match.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Premier League Predictions and Season Thread [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rich_m wrote:

It has been a VERY long way back and I hope they can stay up. It has been a frustrating past few years coming so close last year. And they really are a BIG club (at least they have the facilities of one). It will just be tough to compete and stay up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
crowny2 wrote:
rich_m wrote:

It has been a VERY long way back and I hope they can stay up. It has been a frustrating past few years coming so close last year. And they really are a BIG club (at least they have the facilities of one). It will just be tough to compete and stay up.

You need to bring back Tony Yeboah.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Premier League Predictions and Season Thread [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
watched by me at 8 years old in total disbelief. i still expect Trevor Cherry to score that diving header........i even forgot missing out on the double in 72 from my list of disappointments, although as a kid i was just happy to have won the FA cup.....it's been tough as there are so many.

stuck in the states - but will probably get to watch more games on NBC than most people in the UK who don't have Sky.

Bielsa made me interested again. Before he took over i accepted mid-table mediocrity even if i didn't understand how teams like Bournmouth, Huddersfield, and Brighton could get promoted and Leeds, with a massive following in a large city and with a great football history, were apparently unmanageable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rich_m wrote:
watched by me at 8 years old in total disbelief. i still expect Trevor Cherry to score that diving header........i even forgot missing out on the double in 72 from my list of disappointments, although as a kid i was just happy to have won the FA cup.....it's been tough as there are so many.

stuck in the states - but will probably get to watch more games on NBC than most people in the UK who don't have Sky.

Bielsa made me interested again. Before he took over i accepted mid-table mediocrity even if i didn't understand how teams like Bournmouth, Huddersfield, and Brighton could get promoted and Leeds, with a massive following in a large city and with a great football history, were apparently unmanageable.

I agree. Leeds has been a mystery for the last 2 decades and I've not even kept track of them. Even Hull made it to the premier league!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Premier League Predictions and Season Thread [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zed707 wrote:
crowny2 wrote:
crowny2 wrote:

C'MON YOU REDS!!!!

Liverpool wins the EPL.

Just pulled up Hulu to watch Hendo lift the trophy (even though he won't be playing due to injury). I'm starting to tear up. After SO many close ones, I didn't know if this day would ever come!!!!

UP THE REDS!!!!!! YNWA!!!!! God this is beautiful!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
crowny2 wrote:
zed707 wrote:
crowny2 wrote:
crowny2 wrote:

C'MON YOU REDS!!!!

Liverpool wins the EPL.

Just pulled up Hulu to watch Hendo lift the trophy (even though he won't be playing due to injury). I'm starting to tear up. After SO many close ones, I didn't know if this day would ever come!!!!

I'm pretty stoked as well. Been a fan since the Dalglish days and lucky enough to periodically talk with Djimi Traore, who is a Sounders coach, as our son's are friends and I get to chat about his years there and the Champions League win over AC Milan.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Premier League Predictions and Season Thread [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
crowny2 wrote:
zed707 wrote:
crowny2 wrote:
crowny2 wrote:

C'MON YOU REDS!!!!

Liverpool wins the EPL.

I'm pretty stoked as well. Been a fan since the Dalglish days and lucky enough to periodically talk with Djimi Traore, who is a Sounders coach, as our son's are friends and I get to chat about his years there and the Champions League win over AC Milan.

Nice. My mums parents lived in the Wirral when I was younger but was only ever over in the summer when they weren't on. But I picked up following them religiously starting in the '00-01 season. I was a drunk idiot for Istanbul. I've been fortunate to be at Anfield for one match, against Bolton Wanderers (talk about a shit show).

Don't care we didn't get the 100pts or get the home win streak records. We won the damn thing and that is ALL I've cared about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
crowny2 wrote:
zed707 wrote:
crowny2 wrote:
crowny2 wrote:

C'MON YOU REDS!!!!

Liverpool wins the EPL.

I'm not crying, you are crying.

So awesome to watch.

On a different note, how about Christian Pulisic making and IMMEDIATE impact when he came on. He looks so damn good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Come on You Spurs

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Official Premier League Predictions and Season Thread [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
Come on You Spurs

Looks like a topsy turvy season is on tap for the Premier League. Last weekend was crazy.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Premier League Predictions and Season Thread [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
Billabong wrote:
Come on You Spurs

Looks like a topsy turvy season is on tap for the Premier League. Last weekend was crazy.

Most goals given up by Liverpool since 1963. Kinda glad I wasn't able to watch it. Might have broken my TV.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
crowny2 wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Billabong wrote:
Come on You Spurs

Most goals given up by Liverpool since 1963. Kinda glad I wasn't able to watch it. Might have broken my TV.

It was bad but 3 of the goals were major deflections that might not have gone in otherwise.
Quote Reply

Prev Next