Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

MTM 9th at euro-champions TT
Quote | Reply
Just saw that Martin was 9th at Euro championship TT. Stellar performance, Especially when you consider he has a full-time job
Quote Reply
Re: MTM 9th at euro-champions TT [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello grumpier.mike and All,

Thanks for posting.

It would be interesting to see his setup ....

Go Martin!!

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: MTM 9th at euro-champions TT [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.gettyimages.dk/...ews-photo/1166833091

Looks like a new helmet and skinsuit. Plus a switch back from D2Z to 3T extensions. Anything else that I'm missing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

I've only found this and another similar picture:
http://www.bettiniphoto.net/...0411622_1_thumb2.jpg

I hope I can find some better ones of me from yesterday :)
Quote Reply
Re: MTM 9th at euro-champions TT [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTM wrote:
Thanks!

Congrats on a great race, MTM!
Looks like the course began and ended right in the historic part of the city, so some potential for sharp turns/ brake and accelerate events (and maybe some cobblestone, too?)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looks like 1x, TriRig Omega brake, Dash saddle, View Speed skewers, standard 3T ski bends, 5mm of P5 spacers, and no pad tilt. Which bootie/socks are those? Which tires?

Congrats!

Eric

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats Martin!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
9th is great, but I know he was hoping for better (like the podium and even top step). After all, he was 10th at Worlds last year with a poor start time (later riders had better wind conditions), and was on track to place 3rd or 4th at Euros in 2018 before he crashed near the end.

BTW... congratulations to you on getting a stars and stripes jersey on Thurs, Mike! You spanked the field quite handily!
Quote Reply
Re: MTM 9th at euro-champions TT [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
looks like 1x, TriRig Omega brake, Dash saddle, View Speed skewers, standard 3T ski bends, 5mm of P5 spacers, and no pad tilt. Which bootie/socks are those? Which tires?

Congrats!

Eric

Looks like the short VeloTozé covers. I think Martin keeps the sock brand secret though. He used Corsa Speed 23 mm rear and Conti Supersonic 20 mm front in the World Champs last year, if I'm not mistaken. Looks like the same combo on the pictures.

No luck with the TriRig Alpha One bars Martin?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can we get the full bike specs
Quote Reply
Re: MTM 9th at euro-champions TT [CN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CN wrote:
https://www.gettyimages.dk/detail/news-photo/martin-toft-madsen-of-denmark-during-the-25th-uec-road-news-photo/1166833091

Looks like a new helmet and skinsuit. Plus a switch back from D2Z to 3T extensions. Anything else that I'm missing?

Thanks for the picture link!

And good eye spotting the differences, I think you nailed mosted of them - minus the 5mm spacer and one more thing ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: MTM 9th at euro-champions TT [malte] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
malte wrote:
MTM wrote:
Thanks!

Congrats on a great race, MTM!
Looks like the course began and ended right in the historic part of the city, so some potential for sharp turns/ brake and accelerate events (and maybe some cobblestone, too?)

Yeah, we started with a short section with a couple of turns on the cobble stones. I would have preferred to start right on the road to get to the high speed action straight away - seemed like a nice city, though :)
Quote Reply
Re: MTM 9th at euro-champions TT [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
9th is great, but I know he was hoping for better (like the podium and even top step). After all, he was 10th at Worlds last year with a poor start time (later riders had better wind conditions), and was on track to place 3rd or 4th at Euros in 2018 before he crashed near the end.

BTW... congratulations to you on getting a stars and stripes jersey on Thurs, Mike! You spanked the field quite handily!

Yeah, I rode with what I had in my legs and there was just someone faster than me, though - from 2nd to my 9th place was all decently close, though. I probably need a little more distance to whittle some of the more explosive guys from the steps above me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CN wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

Congrats!

Eric

Looks like the short VeloTozé covers. I think Martin keeps the sock brand secret though. He used Corsa Speed 23 mm rear and Conti Supersonic 20 mm front in the World Champs last year, if I'm not mistaken. Looks like the same combo on the pictures.

No luck with the TriRig Alpha One bars Martin?

No, all the position tweaks the Alpha One bars allowed me to try turned out slower, so I went back to the Aduro - it has some mechanical advantages.
Quote Reply
Re: MTM 9th at euro-champions TT [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:

You can get the non-secret ones at least ;-)

- Cervélo P5-3 size 51 frame
- 3T Aduro w/ Low mount, low-cut 3T Vande Velde extensions, 3D printed 14cm o-o arm rests, satellite shifters on extensions and at brake levers
- HED Jet 9 Black / Roval 321
- Rotor Flow w/ SRM spider and 58T Marco Mani lenticular narrow/wide chain ring
- TriRig Omega X f/r and 3T Pro brake levers
- Dash Stage.9 integrated saddle and seat post
- View-Speed S4 skewers f/r
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MTM wrote:
Yeah, I rode with what I had in my legs and there was just someone faster than me, though - from 2nd to my 9th place was all decently close, though. I probably need a little more distance to whittle some of the more explosive guys from the steps above me.

True; not a real slowtwitch course and you were only 21s behind 2nd place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MTM wrote:
CN wrote:
https://www.gettyimages.dk/detail/news-photo/martin-toft-madsen-of-denmark-during-the-25th-uec-road-news-photo/1166833091

And good eye spotting the differences, I think you nailed mosted of them - minus the 5mm spacer and one more thing ;-)

New Garmin mount? It looks like the 1030 is better placed behind your hands now!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Secret chain, secret tires???

MTM wrote:
BMANX wrote:

- 3T Aduro w/ Low mount, low-cut 3T Vande Velde extensions, 3D printed 14cm o-o arm rests, satellite shifters on extensions and at brake levers

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:

Though it's a bit blurry, I think you can guess what the front tire is.

https://www.gettyimages.dk/..._from_this_event_adp
Quote Reply
Re: MTM 9th at euro-champions TT [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bet he stocked up before they went out of print and he keeps them in a humidor in his cellar.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CN wrote:
MTM wrote:
CN wrote:

New Garmin mount? It looks like the 1030 is better placed behind your hands now!

Yeah, it's a 76 Projects mount. Sits a little higher than the old one and allows some angling. And it's actually my good old Edge 1000 ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:

MTM wrote:
BMANX wrote:

Yeah, as rruff said you can probably make out the front tire. Chain is actually just a Dura-Ace one (or HG901 or whatever it is Shimano calls it now) with UFO Drip.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MTM wrote:
CN wrote:
MTM wrote:
CN wrote:

Yeah, it's a 76 Projects mount. Sits a little higher than the old one and allows some angling. And it's actually my good old Edge 1000 ;)

That mount is a nice piece of engineering. :) I guess that you won't gain anything from switching to a smaller Garmin now. ;)
Quote Reply