Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tacx Neo Bike Smart availability (paging DC Rainmaker)
Quote | Reply
Ray (or anyone for that matter),
What's the delay on this thing? It was supposed to be released the end of last year. I preordered one about a year ago and the merchant only states "Delay from manufacturer" as the reason. I'm guessing Tacx acquisition by Garmin might have something to do with it but who knows.

https://tacx.com/product/neo-bike-smart/

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo Bike Smart availability (paging DC Rainmaker) [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm also interested. I don't know of you saw this, but Tacx trainers are now shown on Garmin's website, but Neo Bike Smart isn't on there yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo Bike Smart availability (paging DC Rainmaker) [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had one on order in the uk since the beginning of the year and received this email today from the dealer I purchased it from, which they received from Tacx:

ā€œWe are sorry to inform you, but at this point it is uncertain for us to give you a correct delivery date. We are still waiting for the official certifications levels and cannot ship without these documentations.

Kind Regards
Tacx Support"

Deep joy! Nice to k ow it was available to buy before it was anywhere close to being ready!

Phil
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo Bike Smart availability (paging DC Rainmaker) [Phil Hodson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No kidding. Iā€™ve had a preorder for a year now. I think mine was more like a pre-preorder. šŸ˜

Last edited by: The GMAN: Jul 10, 19 12:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a pretty rendering...

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another prepreorder here. Grrrrrrā€¦

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Step 1. Don't pre-order new tech nobody has seen. (Production models).
Step 2.
Step 3. See Step 1.

God knows what's up with the Tacx bike. I'd be fuming if I'd put any cash down on one. They announced it TWO YEARS ago now. We saw 'almost production' models at Eurobike 12 months ago.... and even more 'no really, these are almost production' units back in December last year.

Their FB update back on Jan 28th says "Due to some last minute improvements we created a significantly better product, but this resulted in a delayed launch."

A significantly better product. That piles the pressure on themselves. What's significantly better than what they listed 6, 12, 24 months ago?

No answers here. Only more questions.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too ignored Shane's Steps 1-3 above, and can tell you that your best bet is to visit Ray's review of the NEO Smart Bike, read through the more recent of the 500! comments there, and most importantly, select "Notify me of followup comments via e-mail." You'll then get notified every time there is a new comment, whether from Ray or a fellow citizen, and most comments these days are re: the release date, or lack thereof. There is also a NEO Smart Bike Facebook group, which is largely a gathering of commiserators, with a sprinkling of info here and there.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo Bike Smart availability (paging DC Rainmaker) [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
Step 2.
Step 3. See Step 1.

God knows what's up with the Tacx bike. I'd be fuming if I'd put any cash down on one. They announced it TWO YEARS ago now. We saw 'almost production' models at Eurobike 12 months ago.... and even more 'no really, these are almost production' units back in December last year.

Their FB update back on Jan 28th says "Due to some last minute improvements we created a significantly better product, but this resulted in a delayed launch."

A significantly better product. That piles the pressure on themselves. What's significantly better than what they listed 6, 12, 24 months ago?

Thankfully my preorder didn't cost me anything. I am only charged when it ships.

Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo Bike Smart availability (paging DC Rainmaker) [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Breaking news, we'll see if it's real soon enough:

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo Bike Smart availability (paging DC Rainmaker) [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I checked with the retailer I preordered from and they ā€œthinkā€ inventory will be trickling in between sometime in September through the end of the year. I was one of the first preorders so I should get one soon after they hit the market.

Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo Bike Smart availability (paging DC Rainmaker) [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
Step 2.
Step 3. See Step 1.

That's marketing code for we at the last minute found some catastrophic issues and have to fix them now or else we'll be dealing with a PR Nightmare of warranty claims if we ship the units as is.
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo Bike Smart availability (paging DC Rainmaker) [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its hard to predict anything with TACX. I tried to inquire about the purchase of the magnum treadmill and it was a nightmare.

They are only selling it in a handfull markets.

Now that Garmin bought it, i think this will change in time, but they are for sure re-evaluating every new product lunch now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i contacted clever training (whom i have the preorder in for my work gym) and they said late this month to early next month they should see the first units arriving. FINALLY.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply