Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tremblant water temps? [anibalplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also, and not to state the obvious (not sure when the last time you crossed the border was... you used to be able to get away with a driver's license) make sure everyone in the car has a passport. If you have any kids in the car and they're either not yours or you don't have both parents in the vehicle, you'll need a letter giving permission for you to cross the border with them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anibalplay wrote:
No trying to hijack the thread, just wondering about the driving thru the border...Easy to do, something different in canada about driving, things to know in general? Thanks

distances in kilometers. speed limits in kph. But we do drive on the same side of the road as the US :-)

there are limits on how much merchandise, especially alcohol and tobacco, that you can take across the border in either direction. I don't know what the limits are these days.

oh, and having a permit to carry a gun in your home state/country does not mean you are permitted to carry here. Border services can be quite touchy about this.

have a fun race. Tremblant is a great venue.

run well, run happy
george
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anibalplay wrote:
No trying to hijack the thread, just wondering about the driving thru the border...Easy to do, something different in canada about driving, things to know in general? Thanks

speed limits are posted in km/h
don't drive through Montreal if you can help it.
Timmies isn't really that good. We just drink it because its there.
there's no snow on the ground right now, at least not in most of the country.
the bugs are enormous.
so are the moose.
and the bears

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant water temps? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
anibalplay wrote:

speed limits are posted in km/h
don't drive through Montreal if you can help it.
there's no snow on the ground right now, at least not in most of the country.
the bugs are enormous.
so are the moose.
and the bears

Bear rating is high right now in Tremblant. The village should be fine, but the turnaround of the 117 might have some sightings. I usually don't ride up there with bear mace, but better safe than sorry... those things can run!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant water temps? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
anibalplay wrote:

Unless your baseline for comparison is dunkin donuts, in which case timmies is the nectar of the gods...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anibalplay wrote:

also be aware of bridge closures this weekend (champlain bridge). Friday night I believe, probably for part of the weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant water temps? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to all that gave me some inside. I am sure I will have fun this weekend đź‘Ť
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How was the race? Sorry, is it the main tread to ask this question?

I'm thinking of doing it next year, does anybody know when it usually opens?
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant water temps? [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have a rear rack you might get extra questions at the border crossings. The cameras cannot read the rear license plate. Not a big deal but something I did not think of.
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant water temps? [ask77nl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The venue is amazing, the race is very well put together, volunteers are great, the course is awesome.

If you are planing on doing it, you have to sign up the very first day it opens, it will sell out. If you have specific questions please let me know.
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant water temps? [ask77nl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Race was good.

I did the 5i50 and the swim was cut short due to high wind conditions causing a lot of chop. The safety kayaks couldn't stay out there.
For Sunday, the water was pristine. Wetsuits mandatory both days.

The bike leg on the 5i50 was hilly by my standards. Nothing crazy in terms of grade but it never really lets up. And you do it twice. Not ideal.
The 70.3 bike course is much better. I volunteered on Sunday for the 70.3 so was able to bike most of the course and it's really amazing. Tough but fair.

The run was surprisingly good for me.

Overall, I'll be back next year for the 70.3. It's an early season race, which makes biking outside and OWS a bit difficult, but the beauty of the course, the support, and race logistics (if you stay in the village) make this a really good venue.

I believe signup starts sometime in September-ish, after the 140.6
Last edited by: vijeet88: Jun 26, 19 7:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone know how water temps are looking for the full this weekend?
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant water temps? [Chester9189] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chester9189 wrote:
Anyone know how water temps are looking for the full this weekend?

Its been hovering around 22C / 72F

I think two days ago it was 22.5, yesterday was 22, and this morning they posted 22.3.

Forecast is for cool weather most nights, around 12C/53F, and around 25C/77F for most days. Given those cool nights, I doubt the lake will get any warmer than it is now....but who knows.... :)

They usually update the daily water temp here:

https://www.mont-tremblant.ca/...ining-mont-tremblant
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't forget to pack light jackets and pants. Forecast is showing upper 40's in the early morning!! Brrr...

Can't wait to see Lionel as the pro panel. Hopefully he'll be on time this year and not keep EVERYONE waiting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't forget your passport.

Always speak English with a French accent, when in Quebec
Tabernac (Tabernacle||) and Colis (chalice) are terms of endearment.
Use them often, especially as a form of thankyou to a police officer..
There are no speed limits.

Poutine is the devil's food.
Quote Reply

Prev Next