Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? June 10 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 10 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals this week: run w/ intervals shorter than a mile, no long run yes, bike at least once yes, use healthy coping skills done most of the time

M: 8.5 mi run + 20 min stairmaster
T: 9.5 mi run + 875 yd swim
W: 3.2 mi run + 1075 yd swim + 7.3 mi run
T: 3.3 mi run + 1625 yd swim + 15.5 mi bike
F: 7.5 mi run + 11.5 mi bike
S: 7.3 mi run + 1075 yd swim
S: 14 mi run

pleased with myself for the running - I did a 7.5 mile segment on Tuesday at half marathon pace; on Saturday I did 4 mi progressive and then 2 miles at 10k pace; and on Sunday I ran outside.

This is a busy work week for me, and I'm especially looking forward to lifeguarding for a local school group on Friday.
Hope everyone is well.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr TC; sounds like the running was a good mix - yay! Have fun lifeguarding this week.

Other ladies, how did you all get on (esp Giant Newb and your Oly)? Dr_C I saw this article on Ketchikan and thought of you exploring - did you eat any sea cucumbers?

My goals were: 3 x swim, 3 x bike and 4 x run. I only got in 2 x swim, but did the runs and bikes AND did some yoga which my hip flexors and hamstrings really appreciated. I'm now into my final week of build, and have my first Oly in 4 years on Saturday. The plan is to kick my 2015 butt. I have a secret time goal but I don't know how realistic it is because I've never seen the course! The lead up will be interesting as we are in hotels from tomorrow onwards so unlikely to be able to prep my own meals.

My event on Thursday went well albeit stressfully and I was exhausted when I got home at 2pm. Graduation on Saturday went well too - it was very different from both our undergraduate ceremonies (which were in Latin and very formal). We were lucky that the day it rained incessantly was Friday - I baked pie and rode indoors that day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone,

TC-great job running, and enjoy hanging with school kids this week.

Scheherezade-good luck on your Oly!

This week, I finished the race. I think I'll make a completely different thread about that though, because I have a lot of questions for the hivemind after it. In terms of training, I went on a badly needed trip with my hubby and we had a fantastic time. I took an extra day off for it--I really needed to choose the marriage last week. I rearranged my workouts and got most stuff in, some of it reduced because I was also trying to taper for the race.

This week on the plan is: 5 bikes, 3 runs, 3 swims, no strengths (which is for the best since I'm recovering).

Thinkin' 'bout you all!

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started, Dr. Tigerchik! That's a good mix of running.

GiantNewb, congrats -- I responded in your other thread but just for emphasis CONGRATULATIONS!
Cupcake, I'm anxiously awaiting your vacation slideshow -- hope you hit the pool in YVR!
Scheherazade, pie and bikes sounds like my dream day.

I got back to structured training and am starting a 2 month month -- I ended the week with 3 bikes, 4 swims, and 4 runs. Two of my runs were really solid runs and I got back in the ocean :) I should probably ride my triathlon bike but the views on my rides are so pretty right now I don't really want to be looking at my wheel.

I'm on the road this week and next week, but hoping to keep last week's momentum rolling.

Happy training y'all!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So my first post here. I put in a couple swims this week, a run, a bike and 2 strength training workouts. I was taking it easy because I had a sprint tri on Sunday. That went...ok. It was my first open water swim in the Great Lakes and I was definitely underprepared. It was super cold and I didn't have a wetsuit. I couldn't catch my breath and regulate my breathing at all and then the waves kept getting in my face making it worse. I did the backstroke most of the way. Super embarrassed that I didn't swim in properly at all. They almost didn't let me finish because I took too long and the bikes were starting to come back in, but they let me out. I was last coming in on the bike as well, but I managed to gain some ground during the run. And I found out later that I placed 3rd in my age category. Ok, there were only 3 to begin with, but that will probably be my only podium in my life and I was so late getting back and left right away so I missed it. Trying to learn from this experience and not let it get me down, but I was definitely disappointed with my performance.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 10 Edition [trimom997] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trimom--Hi and welcome! I also raced last weekend and made a whole other post about how slow I was. Glad to know I had company. I'm amazed you swam in a Great Lake in early June without a wetsuit. That's kind of a baller move. I was in the UP of Michigan around this time of year once, and those temps were no joke.

Anyway, it's good to know there are other slowpokes out there, working at getting faster. What are you up to for training this week?

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 10 Edition [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well had I realized how cold it would be I would have invested in a wetsuit. Kinda low on funds and didn't want to pony up the cash for a suit I'll use a couple times a year. I will be buying one in the near future though lol.

I'm on vacation this week so I'll be altering my workouts to whatever I can squeeze in to fit around some family time. I'll be more structured next week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trimom--enjoy the vacation!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi trimom! Welcome. A wetsuit makes a big difference for a cold swim (yeah, they are expensive). Congrats on finishing!

Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Jun 13, 19 7:11
Quote Reply