Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Anyone following the Frank Meza alleged cheating story? [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
I think you’re overestimating the typical American attention span.

Americans have an astonishing capacity to memorialize celebrity, and Meza has achieved celebrity. Maybe not to Honey Boo Boo or Rosa Ruiz-grade, but he will endure. The stories will die down quickly, but the name, face, and scandal will endure, particularly in the circles that he travels.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone following the Frank Meza alleged cheating story? [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even if somebody asks about it, I’m betting he will make some excuse or it was a misunderstanding or whatever and it’s unlikely anybody would look too much into it, if at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone following the Frank Meza alleged cheating story? [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Google never forgets and has often replaced memory- the first 3 pages for him will be "worst run cheater and liar ever" stuff.

Plus Rosie Ruiz is still trotted out as an example all these years later.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone following the Frank Meza alleged cheating story? [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
elf6c wrote:
Google never forgets and has often replaced memory- the first 3 pages for him will be "worst run cheater and liar ever" stuff.

Plus Rosie Ruiz is still trotted out as an example all these years later.

I can pretty much guarantee if I asked a bunch of my co-workers and friends who Rosie Ruiz was most have no clue who she is. Even ones that do some running races.

Sure google never forgets who is googling frank Meza? Maybe he’ll but sort of outcast from his running friends if he actually has those. And I’m betting he will make up excuses to his non-running friends if they bother to ask. And I’m doubting the average Joe is reading marathon investigation as well as has any clue in what a 8 minute pace vs 6 minute pace is. At least that’s my experience when I talk to non-triathletes or no-runners about pace or shaving off some about of time. They don’t care. Frank is likely to deny and just say he stepped off the course to pee like he’s already said. He friends will probably shrug their shoulders and be like “okay”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And I’m doubting the average Joe is reading marathon investigation as well as has any clue in what a 8 minute pace vs 6 minute pace is. At least that’s my experience when I talk to non-triathletes or no-runners about pace or shaving off some about of time. //

YEs, but the NY and LA times along with other print is covering this story, I saw it as the lead in story on Entertainment Tonight or one of those magazine shows in prime time last night. This has gone way past Derek's little website, Frank is going to be infamous very soon. The story has struck a nerve with the media, so they are pouncing on it like some Trump tweet about tanks...
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone following the Frank Meza alleged cheating story? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The local ABC affiliate in Los Angeles just posted that Frank Meza was found dead in the LA River this morning. This news came shortly after reports of a possible jumper from the overpass.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone following the Frank Meza alleged cheating story? [Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow are you serious?!? That’s horrible

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone following the Frank Meza alleged cheating story? [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, he’s serious. Meza is dead.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone following the Frank Meza alleged cheating story? [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone following the Frank Meza alleged cheating story? [Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark wrote:
The local ABC affiliate in Los Angeles just posted that Frank Meza was found dead in the LA River this morning. This news came shortly after reports of a possible jumper from the overpass.

Quote:
The cause of death is not suspected to be from drowning, officials said.

If you know the LA River, you know of it as the the giant concrete culvert where the filmed the race in Grease or the final scene of Buckaroo Banzai, among other things = there's not a whole lot of water in it at this time of year

I would expect severe trauma from a high fall

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: Jul 5, 19 5:56
Quote Reply

Prev Next