Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Twitter only bans right wingers
Quote | Reply
Amirite?!?

Apparently not.

Two anti Trump nitwits have been “permanently suspended”.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/...rating-fake-accounts

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter only bans right wingers [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's not the main complaint of Conservatives with Twitter. Conservatives are complaining they are being banned for things Twitter finds offensive while Liberals don't get banned for their views. These idiots got banned for completely different reasons and rightly so. Note: I am not saying Conservatives are right about Twitter. Twitter can ban and run their site how ever they want.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are clearly not smart, if they were Republicans they would be testifying in front of congress this week about censorship.

This brings up a larger point though. Notice how when Avenatti was charged, nobody was running around screaming that this is a political hit job by the trump DOJ? Can you imagine if someone that successfully sued Obama and revealed Obama committed a crime suddenly was indicted by the Obama DOJ? Republicans would be screaming that this was a political hit by the DOJ. I mean trump claims it for Manafort and trump RUNS the DOJ!

The fact is that Republicans scream that everything is some political attack on them. This allows them to get away with all sort of shit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought this was about the Leafs...

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter only bans right wingers [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But, but, but TRUMP!!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
They are clearly not smart, if they were Republicans they would be testifying in front of congress this week about censorship.

This brings up a larger point though. Notice how when Avenatti was charged, nobody was running around screaming that this is a political hit job by the trump DOJ? Can you imagine if someone that successfully sued Obama and revealed Obama committed a crime suddenly was indicted by the Obama DOJ? Republicans would be screaming that this was a political hit by the DOJ. I mean trump claims it for Manafort and trump RUNS the DOJ!

The fact is that Republicans scream that everything is some political attack on them. This allows them to get away with all sort of shit.

Your TDS never ends. Did Avenatti successfully sue Trump? Trumps DOJ has nothing to do with Avenatti and his endless legal battles. Avenatti biggest enemy is his greedy, narcissistic self.

There are endless stories about this big corporations Twitter, FB, Google... banning right leaning voices. So much that even left leaning voices are standing up against them.
Tim Pool (self described center left)...

Quote Reply
Re: Twitter only bans right wingers [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
chaparral wrote:

Your TDS never ends. Did Avenatti successfully sue Trump? Trumps DOJ has nothing to do with Avenatti and his endless legal battles. Avenatti biggest enemy is his greedy, narcissistic self.

There are endless stories about this big corporations Twitter, FB, Google... banning right leaning voices. So much that even left leaning voices are standing up against them.

Yes, Avenatti was successful.

It was exactly my point, most people can see that the DOJ was legitimate in prosecuting Avenatti. How come trump is saying that prosecutions like that of Manafort are political though?

Yea, sorry, companies are not banning right leaning voices for being right leaning. They are banning them for breaking the rules. In fact, they specically hesitate to ban right wingers, even when the break the rules, because they are afraid of the backlash. Notice how they were not afraid of banning left leaning sites. They knew that conservatives would whine about anything, so they didn't do what was right. That was the whole point of my post, was that Republicans have played the refs by framing everything as some political attack, allowing them to get away with shit.

Also Tim Pool is not center left. Sure he may describe himself that way, but everything he supports is not center left, it is clearly right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
getcereal wrote:
chaparral wrote:

Yes, Avenatti was successful.

It was exactly my point, most people can see that the DOJ was legitimate in prosecuting Avenatti. How come trump is saying that prosecutions like that of Manafort are political though?

Yea, sorry, companies are not banning right leaning voices for being right leaning. They are banning them for breaking the rules. In fact, they specically hesitate to ban right wingers, even when the break the rules, because they are afraid of the backlash. Notice how they were not afraid of banning left leaning sites. They knew that conservatives would whine about anything, so they didn't do what was right. That was the whole point of my post, was that Republicans have played the refs by framing everything as some political attack, allowing them to get away with shit.

Also Tim Pool is not center left. Sure he may describe himself that way, but everything he supports is not center left, it is clearly right.

Is there an Avenatti case I am not aware of? Because this doesn't sound successful:
"In March 2018, Avenatti filed a lawsuit on behalf of adult film actress Stormy Daniels seeking to invalidate a 2016 non-disclosure agreement regarding an alleged affair with Donald Trump in 2006. The non-disclosure agreement had been negotiated in the final days of the 2016 U.S. Presidential campaign.[42][43] Avenatti also represented Daniels in a related defamation suit against Trump. In October 2018, a federal judge dismissed the defamation lawsuit and ordered Daniels to pay Trump's legal fees. Avenatti said he would appeal that decision; Daniels later said that Avenatti had initiated the suit against her wishes"

A good example of the lean...
"Indeed, it is not difficult to find cases of liberals engaging in speech that appears to cross the line while not being punished for their transgressions. This includes the case of Sarah Jeong. After she was hired as an editorial writer for The New York Times, it was discovered that over the years she had posted dozens of messages expressing hatred and contempt of whites. When conservative activist Candace Owens copied some of Jeong’s tweets and replaced the word “white” with “Jewish,” she was suspended from the platform. Perhaps realizing how hypocritical this looked after they had not taken any action against Jeong, Twitter allowed Owens back on, but only after she deleted the offending tweets."

"Until now, conservatives have had to rely on anecdotes to make their case. To see whether there is an empirical basis for such claims, I decided to look into the issue of Twitter bias by putting together a database of prominent, politically active users who are known to have been temporarily or permanently suspended from the platform. My results make it difficult to take claims of political neutrality seriously. Of 22 prominent, politically active individuals who are known to have been suspended since 2005 and who expressed a preference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, 21 supported Donald Trump."
https://quillette.com/...rshly-than-liberals/

Does believing in open discussions and free speech even it it might hurt someone feelings make you a right-winger?

Tim Pool‏Verified account @Timcast
FollowFollow @Timcast
More
Tim Pool Retweeted Olivia Solon
I'm a social liberal. I believe in opposing authoritarianism I support LBTQIA+ rights I support a public option I support environmental regulations I am pro-choice I support(ed) Bernie Sanders I agree with most of Ocasio-Cortez's Campaign I am on this list for some reason.
I believe capitalism needs to be regulated to prevent corruption and monopolies.
I believe in legal weed I am anti-war I oppose Trump for most of his foreign policy decisions and his crass behavior. I have stated Trump is "everything wrong with our culture"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
Candace Owens copied some of Jeong’s tweets and replaced the word “white” with “Jewish,” she was suspended from the platform. Perhaps realizing how hypocritical this looked after they had not taken any action against Jeong, Twitter allowed Owens back on, but only after she deleted the offending tweets."

I wouldn't really call that hypocritical. Anti-semitism is a real thing, with centuries of real death and genocide. Anti-white isn't quite the same. E.g there was the recent synagogue shooting. That's real shit. The attempts to make "anti-white" an equivalence, e.g. memes about "white genocide" (sometimes of course used to justify killing jews and blacks) are mostly just a right-wing trope. The equivalence is a clever rhetorical tactic. (and by "clever" I mean not that clever). For me, though, tweeting "white people are bullshit" is kind of "meh." "Jewish people are bullshit"...borderline.

I agree, though, that trying to find any definitive line to use to ban people is extraordinarily difficult. There are infinite shades of intent, context, satire, etc.
Last edited by: trail: May 24, 19 9:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
chaparral wrote:

That's a pretty cherry picked selection of that Joe Rogan interview, of which I had seen long before you posted it. How convenient.

If you bothered to tell the whole story, it was about Antifa and the Proud Boys thing. And the fact that it is easier to police and ban organized groups than loose "ideas". It wasn't only a liberal media bash fest.

Also, realize that however much you want to scream 1A........it boils down to private organizations taking action. Someone from the right is free to start their own news and social media network.......oh wait.............right, they do have at least one of those. One that the POTUS pretty much takes their talking points and turns into Twitter policy announcements.

Also, the right has one of the best platforms ever.........the pulpit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hahaha, that Quillette thing is hilarious. First, it looks really really bad for trump. I mean how dare twitter suspend *checks the list* The American Nazi Pary, a white supremacist, another white supremacist, David Freaking Duke, a nazi, another white supremacist, a Neo-Nazi group, another white supremacist, another Nazi, etc. Man, white supremacists really do like trump. Is the argument that these are just normal conservatives?

Second, it really cherry picks. There are lots that he did not include, here is a whole list from an unknown site, wikipedia. Even then with the list, the author just counts Clinton or trump, so for some reason he does not include Victoria Fierce in his list of 22, because for some reason being suspended for swearing at Pence was not a good indication if the account is left wing or right wing. Let alone the accounts he did not count.

But wow, boy do Nazis and white supremacists love trump. But I guess twitter banning the American Nazi Party is somehow anti-conservative.
Quote Reply
Re: Twitter only bans right wingers [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
But, but, but TRUMP!!!!

I find this criticism ironic in a thread that is literally in response to But, but, but liberals.

I'm also confident that you won't understand why its ironic.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply