Prev Next
Re: Extended warranty [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
windywave wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
I'm generally not a warranty guy but I did get one for an expensive Samsung refrigerator because it was like $200. I had constant issues with the icemaker. Every six months they were out repairing it. This went on for over four years. My extended warranty was for five years. About three months before they five years came up it needed another repair. This was a well known issue with certain Samsung fridges. I told Best Buy that continuing to fix it is great and all but in a couple of months this is going be coming out of my pocket. Best Buy just finally told me to come in and pick out a new fridge up to the original amount (which was $4,000) and they'd just swap it out.

Was this a walk-in fridge? Holy shit!

You don't want to know what subzero costs

Exactly. A SubZero is 3-5x that price. Fucking peasants/commoners that don't know that shit. ;-)

Yes, it's a very expensive Samsung fridge but it's not a very expensive fridge compared to very expensive fridges.

Dafuq? Does a SubZero make your meals for you too?

They are absurdly expensive, and a pain in the ass to install (think moving an 800lbs, stupidly tall and top heavy fridge over finished flooring).

I hate them.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've bought extended warranties on my past three vehicles. I have never used them. It seems to be my luck that the things that go wrong with my vehicles are never covered under the extended warranties.

I just bought a new (to me) truck, which I am picking up on Friday. I said a firm NO to the warranty. I know exactly what's going to happen...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
windywave wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
I'm generally not a warranty guy but I did get one for an expensive Samsung refrigerator because it was like $200. I had constant issues with the icemaker. Every six months they were out repairing it. This went on for over four years. My extended warranty was for five years. About three months before they five years came up it needed another repair. This was a well known issue with certain Samsung fridges. I told Best Buy that continuing to fix it is great and all but in a couple of months this is going be coming out of my pocket. Best Buy just finally told me to come in and pick out a new fridge up to the original amount (which was $4,000) and they'd just swap it out.

Exactly. A SubZero is 3-5x that price. Fucking peasants/commoners that don't know that shit. ;-)

Yes, it's a very expensive Samsung fridge but it's not a very expensive fridge compared to very expensive fridges.

Did you see what he said about peasants and commoners? This attitude of yours is why the Queen of England never visits you.
Quote Reply
Re: Extended warranty [A-A-Ron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A-A-Ron wrote:
BLeP wrote:
I am generally not an extended warranty kind of guy but with our Hyundai Tucson my wife convinced me to get it. It's an 8 year (5+3) plan good for 6 more months.

Anyway, my engine has been knocking and I took it to Hyundai and they are going to replace the engine. I've read that this issue tends to end with the engine seizing.

I'm calling this a warranty victory.

8 year old car with a new engine. Love it.

Got any warranty victory stories?

Victory and Hyundai do not belong in the same story.

For the car snobs in the house, my other car is a BMW.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Extended warranty [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
windywave wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:
windywave wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

We had a subzero and didn’t purchase any additional warranty. That was a mistake.

Don't tell me that.

Ouch a double mistake.

It came with the house big boy
Quote Reply
Re: Extended warranty [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
BLeP wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
windywave wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

They are absurdly expensive, and a pain in the ass to install (think moving an 800lbs, stupidly tall and top heavy fridge over finished flooring).

I hate them.

Install first do floor second?
Quote Reply
Re: Extended warranty [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
I almost never buy warranties. The math almost never works out in your favor.

I like the math on this one.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
A-A-Ron wrote:
BLeP wrote:
I am generally not an extended warranty kind of guy but with our Hyundai Tucson my wife convinced me to get it. It's an 8 year (5+3) plan good for 6 more months.

Anyway, my engine has been knocking and I took it to Hyundai and they are going to replace the engine. I've read that this issue tends to end with the engine seizing.

A 1 series doesn't count
Quote Reply
Re: Extended warranty [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
A-A-Ron wrote:
BLeP wrote:

A 1 series doesn't count

X2

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
BLeP wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
windywave wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

I hate them.

Install first do floor second?

Doesn't make much sense as you generally run flooring under the cabinets, which need to be in place for the fridge to go in.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
A-A-Ron wrote:
BLeP wrote:

A 1 series doesn't count

X2

You're agreeing your car doesn't count? Odd tack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
A-A-Ron wrote:
BLeP wrote:

A 1 series doesn't count

X2

You're agreeing your car doesn't count? Odd tack

RDRR.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
A 1 series doesn't count.

It does if it's the 135 or the 1M. Those are magical, especially with a manual transmission.

Getting back into the game...
Slower than you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bought a 3 year squaretrade warranty from Costco on a laptop that shit the bed at 2.5 years. Screen died and couldn’t be fixed (they tried). Got a full refund on the laptop and squaretrade refunded my warranty money for the debacle of trying to fix it.

I always buy a travel insurance policy. (I don’t travel that often right now). We went to the Bahamas with some friends (who didn’t have travel insurance). 2 of their 3 bags were lost. They were up shit creek the whole trip (had to pay to rent stuff they had packed etc). Travel insurance would have helped tremendously.

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Re: Extended warranty [A-A-Ron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A-A-Ron wrote:
BLeP wrote:

You beat me to it. He's got an 8 year old Hyundai that apparently has a known engine design flaw that leads to engine knocking and eventually seizing. Yeah!

I'm more used to driving Hondas and Toyotas, where 8 years is when they're broken in and ready for another 200K miles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lifetime warranty on the car I bought my son. 2 years in its already paid for itself. Not sure if its his driving or I bought a lemon, but worth every penny and then quite a few dollars.

Washer & dryer. Every 6 months the washer seems to have a problem.

Old treadmill - multiple claims for broken parts including the "board" you run on.

Cell phones - multiple claims from the wife/kids losing or breaking them.
Quote Reply
Re: Extended warranty [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
I actually am genuinely curious, was this the 4 door Flex Zone with the family hub?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. They have a limited lifetime warranty you can buy. I think it was like $1600. I may never use it but I normally drive my cars until they really break so it was worth it. One electrical issue can cost that much to fix.
Quote Reply

Prev Next