Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cherynobl - HBO [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
* spoiler alert*

I think episode 4 was worth watching for the roof clearing scene. That was incredibly intense but so well done.

Pavel's story line made my stomach turn.
Quote Reply
Re: Cherynobl - HBO [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
* spoiler alert*

I think episode 4 was worth watching for the roof clearing scene. That was incredibly intense but so well done.

Pavel's story line made my stomach turn.

From the podcast, the Pavel story is based on first hand accounts (including the puppies) and I can't recall whether the creator said they filmed it and just couldn't show it because it would be too much or if there were just accounts that sometimes the dogs wouldn't be dead when they dumped them in the pits to be buried in concrete, so they'd just buried them alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Cherynobl - HBO [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They shot the scene, but felt it was gratuitous and manipulative. It's fascinating listening to the writer talk about the decisions of what to show and what to leave to the viewer's imagination.

They struck a fine balance.

"Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing, after they have exhausted all other possibilities."
Quote Reply
Re: Cherynobl - HBO [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Cherynobl - HBO [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet baby Jesus, please let a reporter ask Trump about this.

"Many people are saying this, very strongly. I don't know. Do you know? No one really knows what happened there and believe me, no one knows more about nucular power than me."

"Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing, after they have exhausted all other possibilities."
Quote Reply

Prev Next