Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Look for a choppy market tomorrow [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Dear Mr. President...

This is a total joke for a category that is tremendously overpriced to begin with. How many of us (ex Triathletes) remember 10 years ago when we could get running shoes for $70 and last years model for $40. Now those same shoes (think Gel Kayano) are $120 for last years model and $150 for the current model. Shoe companies are a joke and a rip off. They make the shoes in China for next to nothing and charge way too much.

I hope they feel the pain that I feel every time I need new shoes.... (Can you tell that I think they already have the necessary margins to absorb this.....
They will just pass those margins on to the consumers. Er well, Nike is already ahead of the rest with the Vaporfly 4%...
Quote Reply
Re: Look for a choppy market tomorrow [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
velocomp wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Dear Mr. President...

This is a total joke for a category that is tremendously overpriced to begin with. How many of us (ex Triathletes) remember 10 years ago when we could get running shoes for $70 and last years model for $40. Now those same shoes (think Gel Kayano) are $120 for last years model and $150 for the current model. Shoe companies are a joke and a rip off. They make the shoes in China for next to nothing and charge way too much.

I hope they feel the pain that I feel every time I need new shoes.... (Can you tell that I think they already have the necessary margins to absorb this.....

They will just pass those margins on to the consumers. Er well, Nike is already ahead of the rest with the Vaporfly 4%...

They may try, but the fact is they are complaining because they know they will lose business and customers if they jack up the prices anymore. They are already at a tipping point. As mentioned they are getting great margins right now. So they only ones that would really feel the pain are the stockholders.
Quote Reply
Re: Look for a choppy market tomorrow [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was this the moment US-China trade talks fell apart?

(Open link in a private window to see full story)

https://www.scmp.com/...ade-talks-fell-apart

Whatever the truth of who is to blame, it doesn't bode well for a swift end to the stand off.

EU is also resisting any efforts to limit auto imports to the US. Can't see a deal there in the next six months.
Quote Reply

Prev Next