Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 22 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
same
I'm sure she's zooming!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 22 Edition [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are so sweet. Thank you Anna <3

For those who don’t know, I DNFed yesterday. I incurred a stress fracture on the bike just fighting in the awful headwinds and nasty conditions on the bike. I felt something twinge at mile 60 climbing an overpass. At first I thought it was chafe from all the sweat rolling down my leg. It just kept getting worse. I kept trying to lift my foot off the pedal as high as I could when coasting downhill to alleviate the pressure but those moments were few and far between. I handed off my bike to the catcher and couldn’t put any weight on my foot and colllapsed at the dismount line. I picked myself up and limped to get my run bag and got to the tent to put my shoes on. My foot was so swollen that I couldn’t outburst my shoe on.

The amazing medics carried me to their tent and iced my foot down off and on for about an hour. Between praying the ice would magically fix everything and their poking and prodding and clearly told me it wouldn’t, it took me about an hour to convince myself to hand over my chip. It was one of the hardest decisions I’ve ever had to make.

The consolation to all of this is that I am grateful it’s not worse. I saw WAY worse yesterday. Including a woman who was clearly bleeding out on the Hardy Toll Road. Rolling over her blood stain on the second loop was haunting and sickening. And as a silver lining, I got to see IronBae finish her second Ironman after fighting just as hard out there. She is tough as nails.

Everything hurts today. The swim was a battle, and holding my bike steady in the wind was taxing. That combo is making it hard to crutch around. I told my husband that he needs to get me a chariot, lol.

Ortho appt this week, and hopefully I’ll know more and have a game plan, and then it’s full steam ahead towards IMMD.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 22 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aw. I'm sorry that you did not have the day you worked so hard for.

If you work half as hard to heal your injury, you'll come back and get your redemption.

Virtual hugs coming your way.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 22 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ooof. So sorry to hear about the day, Cupcake. What a challenging string of events. I'll be thinking of you during these early days of figuring out the recovery.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm so, so sorry.
You absolutely made the right decision (in case you need to hear that). I'm sad you didn't get to finish the race you trained for.
silver linings are great but if you feel mad/angry/sad, that's totally valid too.
Keep us updated.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply

Prev Next