Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TriBike Transport Data Breach
Quote | Reply
A heads up that TBT apparently had a security incident involving basically all personal and financial data you submit to the site for a reservation. Note also that TriBike is not offering any credit monitoring services, which is unusual considering that credit card information was involved.

We are writing to inform you about a data security incident TriBike Transport, LLC (“TriBike”) recently experienced that may involve your personal information. We take the protection of your information very seriously and wanted to contact you directly to inform you of this breach.

What Happened:

On March 13, 2019 we learned that there had been malicious code added to the TriBikeTransport.com website (the “Site”) that sought to re-direct input to unauthorized users. Our investigation to date indicates that customers who completed transactions between November 19, 2018 and March 14, 2019 may be affected. Our records indicate that you were a customer of TriBike during the applicable time-period.

What Information Was Involved:

Because of the nature of the breach, it is possible that some of your personal information — which may include your name, email address, credit card number, and credit card billing address, as contained in the Site’s database — may have been compromised.

What TriBike is Doing in Response to this Incident:

Working with its database and software vendor, TriBike took immediate steps to investigate this incident, determine the Site’s then-current and potential vulnerabilities, and ensure that no future unauthorized access attempts would be successful. We took the Site offline for a brief period of time to ensure all Site updates were in place to prevent future incidents. We are also conducting regular security scans of the Site to detect any future unauthorized access attempts. We have also implemented additional security measures to better protect the company and its customers’ information.

What Should You Do:

While TriBike is not aware of any misuse of your specific information, we recommend that you take steps immediately to minimize any risk to your personal information. You should review your credit and debit card records to ensure no fraudulent activity has transpired.

You may also obtain a copy of your credit report, free of charge, once every 12 months from each of the three nationwide credit reporting companies. To order your annual free credit report, please visit www.annualcreditreport.com or call toll free at 1-877-322-8228. Contact information for the three nationwide credit reporting companies is as follows:

Equifax: PO Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374, www.equifax.com, 1-800-685-1111
Experian: PO Box 2002, Allen, TX 75013, www.experian.com, 1-888-397-3742
TransUnion: PO Box 2000, Chester, PA 19016, www.transunion.com, 1-800-916-8800

If you believe your personal information has been misused or you have identified fraudulent charges, we recommend that you contact your relevant credit and/or financial institutions and immediately change your account information. In addition, you may contact the Federal Trade Commission and/or the Attorney General’s office in your state. You can obtain information from these sources about steps an individual can take to avoid identity theft as well as information about fraud alerts and security freezes.
Quote Reply
Re: TriBike Transport Data Breach [wolfen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got the same email. Hopefully it will force them to start accepting Paypal instead of insisting on using (and even storing) credit cards.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: TriBike Transport Data Breach [wolfen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got this e-mail as well. I recently had some fraudulent use of my credit card and had to have it canceled. I wonder if this is how the thief got it.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: TriBike Transport Data Breach [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also got the email, and recently had fraudulent use of my credit card. I also wonder if the two are connected, but these days who knows.
Last edited by: sammie: Apr 1, 19 14:00
Quote Reply