Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Mercury has some... interesting... new wheels [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
Paul Lew is the gift that keeps on giving... Aerodynamically, I'm not sure he's ever made a wheel that's been tested independently to verify his often outlandish claims.

Many years back I ordered a set of his Lew rims for a customer, and he went bankrupt before delivering them... Kinda left a bad impression.

Every time I see a presentation of his, I think WTF?! But oddly every independent test I've seen (yes, they are out there) of the Aero 58, 72, and 90 , they have the lowest drag at low yaw of any competitors. And nothing but positive reviews about crosswind stability. Weird.
Quote Reply
Re: Mercury has some... interesting... new wheels [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After the Hambini thread (debacle) last year in December I got my hands on an Aero 58 (I'm a wheel hoarder) and took it out to my "secret loop" in West Palm Beach on a windy day with a Jet 6+ and a 64mm deep Mavic (Comete I think). I can't legitimately say I noticed a difference between the Jet 6 and the Aero 58 but damn were they both noticeably calmer than the Mavic. I'd be curious to try one of the deeper options.
Quote Reply

Prev Next