Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Jan. 7 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 7 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week: run like a person trying to get faster, swim a bunch, LIFT THE HEAVY METAL THINGS
yes, no, once

M: 12.1 mi run
T: 3.1 mi run
W: 7.3 mi run + 1225 yd swim
T: 5.8 mi run + 1275 yd swim
F: 5.5 mi run + 875 yd swim
S: 13.7 mi run
S: 60 min stairmaster + 2 mi walk + lift

goals this week are the same as last

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 7 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr TC; you, AnnaS and MistressK are killing it on the 100/100.

My goals for last week were: swim x 3, trainer x 2, run x 2, xc ski x 2 and I achieved it all. In fact the only reason I got that second run done was because I knew I had mentioned it on here... thanks for the accountability!

This week: swim x 4 (1 done), bike x 3 (1 done, FTP up another 4%), run x 3, xc ski x 1, activation/strength x 2. I'm also doing the Dry January thing over on the main forum. So far, so good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ladies,

Thanks for getting us started Dr. TC. Nice work for you and Scheherezade for getting the work in!

(also, Sh- did you make the cake?)

my goals for the week were to finish the build block with fireworks. Well, no. I've had a bad chest cold since before Christmas and my weekend of 50mi ride and 16mi run turned into a 14 mile ride that ended with convulsions after coughing nonstop for 10 minutes, and then parking my ass on the couch after getting a sternly worded email from my coach to rest. I'm pretty mad about this. I would have nailed it had it not been for this damn viral infection. Argh.

This week's goal: recovery and redemption.

M- 45min walk (nailed it)
Tu- Rest
W- 45min easy run
Th- 30min easy swim. My father also gets into town this day, and stays until Saturday. Pray for me.
F- 50min Zwift and 4mi run
Sa- 50mi ride
Su- 16mi run

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 7 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about the cough - I hope you feel better soon.

Dr_Cupcake wrote:
(also, Sh- did you make the cake?)
No, not yet! I did find chia seeds though. My plan is to make it at the weekend - I was going to surprise the Hubby with it but he read the other thread so now he knows. I'm going to use cherries instead of raspberries to make it more a black forest style.

Dr_Cupcake wrote:
My father also gets into town this day, and stays until Saturday. Pray for me.
You have my sympathies; stay strong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The first week of the new year wasn't bad. I didn't get to go to Kansas City at Christmas to see my little people (7 and 5) since Harlie had surgery on Jan. 2 to take out the hardware in her hips and I was a bit under the weather and didn't want to take any chance on her getting sick and them having to postpone the surgery.

I just can't really get into riding the trainer, but I did get to ride outdoors on a 60F sunny day here - and a gravel ride! Also, the pool has been closed until mid-week, so only one swim. I am really liking Pilates and it was open the entire break, so I've been going to that quite a bit.

Mon. 12/31: Bike 7.1 mi in 31 min (indoors/Zwift)
Tue. 1/1: Pilates 50 min; bike 2.7 mi in 10 min (indoors/TACX – a different trainer program); trainer – 15 min
Wed. 1/2: off
Thur. 1/3: Gym 1:13
Fri. 1/4: Swim 1,900 SCY 53 min
Sat. 1/5: Gym 1:07
Sun. 1/6: Bike – gravel ride 14.6 mi 1:35

Swim: 1,900 SCY
Bike: 24.4 mi
Trainer: 15 min
Walk: 0
Wts/Pilates: 3:10
Time: 6:34

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 7 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The first week of the new year wasn't bad. I didn't get to go to Kansas City at Christmas to see my little people (7 and 5) since Harlie had surgery on Jan. 2 to take out the hardware in her hips and I was a bit under the weather and didn't want to take any chance on her getting sick and them having to postpone the surgery.

glad you got to see them. Little people are the best! I got to see mine quickly on Saturday.

Quote Reply