Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Ohio_Roadie
Last edited by: Ohio_Roadie: Jan 12, 19 22:54
Re: Help me! SO with PMDD/extreme progesterone swings [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get her to go to her doctor. Her ladybits doctor. Go with her to her appointment. Hold her hand. Pass the tissue box. Request a meeting with a reproductive endocrinologist. Get bloodwork done at various intervals during her cycle.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: Help me! SO with PMDD/extreme progesterone swings [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I took Prosac for this. 2 things though. First, the sexual side effects making sex even less appealing, and inability to reach orgasm (just thought I'd spell that out in the event the words "sexual side effects" were vague, as they were for me). 2nd, I'm unsure there is any good way to suggest to someone they might consider medication. It pretty much always comes over as an insult. I left prosac while on an IUD, Mirena to be specific. The hormones in it helped but not quite enough. Transitioned to Wellbutrin. Slightly fewer sexual side effects. Slightly.

So I'll second what Dr. Cupcake said.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me! SO with PMDD/extreme progesterone swings [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
Get her to go to her doctor. Her ladybits doctor. Go with her to her appointment. Hold her hand. Pass the tissue box. Request a meeting with a reproductive endocrinologist. Get bloodwork done at various intervals during her cycle.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Ohio_Roadie [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
Thanks! She doesn't want to go to another doc...the last one that she went to tried to give her some antidepressants and prescription strength motrin. It's getting to the point that we have both noticed that I'm becoming increasingly less tolerant to the whining, complaining, etc., I'm trying but when nothing is being done to "fix it" and I've heard the same things month after month, I'm losing it. Based off everything she's told me I feel like I have about a 75% grasp on what is happening to her but the struggle is real for both of us.

If she's invested in your relationship, she HAS to go to the doctor. Find a different doctor. Our marriage was suffering until I finally went on Prozac. It saved my marriage! It does have sexual side effects, but they haven't been terrible. Has she had all of her hormone levels checked?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
Thanks! She doesn't want to go to another doc...the last one that she went to tried to give her some antidepressants and prescription strength motrin. It's getting to the point that we have both noticed that I'm becoming increasingly less tolerant to the whining, complaining, etc., I'm trying but when nothing is being done to "fix it" and I've heard the same things month after month, I'm losing it. Based off everything she's told me I feel like I have about a 75% grasp on what is happening to her but the struggle is real for both of us.

So, that IS a treatment for PMDD. And not one to be brushed off. But it doesn’t address the WHY. If you’re invested in her, you either need her to see this is a medical issue that requires better attention or suck it up and deal.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Curious ... what does she want? Why not antidepressants, which are the standard treatment for this — is she somehow ashamed of that? But, this thread says help YOU, not help her — you’re the one asking for help, so what do you want? Advice on dealing with the whining, assuming she doesn’t want to take meds? An argument that might convince her to find the proper treatment? Or just a sympathetic set of female ears from us womens?
Quote Reply