Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: English Premier League - Midseason Thoughts [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
907Tri wrote:
Looks like my predictions were not too far off.

Crazy to see Liverpool get 97 points and still not win the title. Man City just turned it on the second half of the season. While Liverpool did drop points in the second half to lose a 7 point lead, its crazy to see them score the 3rd highest point total in league history and still not win.

Wolves look very strong this year and going into next year might be able to break into the top 6. They did well against the top 6 but losing twice to Huddersfield and dropping key points against other low tier clubs left them below Man United.

Waiting to see who the third club getting promoted will be, but next year looks like another strong season of EPL.

Is Leeds still in the mix? they would be my choice.
Quote Reply
Re: English Premier League - Midseason Thoughts [b4itwascold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
907Tri wrote:

Crazy to see Liverpool get 97 points and still not win the title. Man City just turned it on the second half of the season. While Liverpool did drop points in the second half to lose a 7 point lead, its crazy to see them score the 3rd highest point total in league history and still not win.

Wolves look very strong this year and going into next year might be able to break into the top 6. They did well against the top 6 but losing twice to Huddersfield and dropping key points against other low tier clubs left them below Man United.

Waiting to see who the third club getting promoted will be, but next year looks like another strong season of EPL.

Nuno Espirito Santo should have won coach of the year.

DERBY advances to play Aston Villa

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: English Premier League - Midseason Thoughts [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NES didn't win? Crazy how well he ran that club, some impressive wins and finishing 7th in their first year is incredible.

Leeds really dropped the ball. From league leaders to out. They just cannot get promotion. Hoping Aston Villa gets promoted would be good to see them back. Hopefully Leeds gets it next year.
Quote Reply
Re: English Premier League - Midseason Thoughts [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
as a Leeds fan for 50 years i was confident until that Easter game where they threw away a one goal lead, and lost to 10-man Wigan at home. Even when they were great in the 70s i got used to the almost permanent disappointment of underachievement so can handle this no problem.

Playoffs can be a cruel way to decide that third promotion spot as they clearly reward the teams finishing the season strong, often over those who have gained loads more points through the season. Maybe that bit of end-of-season momentum does really represent a better chance of staying in the EPL.

i think if Villa get promotion they have the best chance of survival of all three teams coming up (would have said West Brom but they were eliminated earlier in the week). Hope Villa win after losing the playoff final last year, but my son, born and living in the US, is a Chelsea fan and wants to see Frank manage in the EPL.

one of the things that can be a bit sad is seeing the journeymen celebrate promotion to the EPL and then a few days later be either released or transfer listed .....because they aren't considered good enough for the EPL. For many that will mean the challenge to get a contract in the league they were in, often a house move and family relocation. They would have been better off if the club was staying in the Championship despite a terrific effort
Quote Reply
Re: English Premier League - Midseason Thoughts [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
b4itwascold wrote:
907Tri wrote:

Nuno Espirito Santo should have won coach of the year.

DERBY advances to play Aston Villa

just found out the sore today. Man City 6:0 really?

Good story of Frank Lampard and John Terry in this game. and Lampard is already rumored to go to Chelsea.
Quote Reply

Prev Next