Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, SLX, and CF [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much! To add to the complication, I’m inside the US but trying to explore options for purchasing outside the US since that’s the only place with availability. I’m looking at the CF SLX and CFR.

Currently on 165s and plan to make that swap again to ride 165 on canyon.

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, SLX, and CF [mungub50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are you located? I may have your solution!

I bought size medium and realize I should be S

2 MINT canyon bikes in my possession - 1 size M Frodissimo unopened and SLX 8 Disc di2 purple in 9.8 out of 10 condition

You can send me a PM if interested
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, SLX, and CF [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Thanks for all the useful information.

I have never had a tri bike and cannot afford to buy one new. I have seen a second hand 2017 Speedmax CF 8.0 (I actually suspect is a 2018 Speedmax CF 7.0 2018 Canyon Speedmax CF 7.0 – Specs, Comparisons, Reviews – 99 Spokes) in my local area (very remote and 2nd hand tri bikes don't come up very often). It's a size small however using Canyons size estimator I should be slightly into the medium bracket.

Since i have not had a bike fit and do not own a tri bike do you think i could make the small work for me?

I'm: 176cm
Inseam: 84cm
Weight: 68kg

Thanks again
Last edited by: Louis212: Mar 13, 24 8:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian!

I just, for the first time ever, measured my existing bike! lol

Based on these measurements, would you recommend Speedmax CFR S or M?

Again height is 5’6” and inseam 31”

Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, SLX, and CF [Sweet T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which saddles did you test during the fit session?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ian, hope you're still doing the fit assistance thing... According to the Canyon fit tool, I'm a medium... But it looks like I'm right on the border of medium/large. With availability being very limited, I'm wondering if I would fit either a medium or large with "room to move" as you mentioned in a previous response.

My retul numbers are below, but I should mention these numbers were femerateion a bike I already owned. Of note, we had the reach pretty much maxed out. I guess I could've gotten a longer stem, but thinking back that was actually never mentioned by my fitter. So, when I say room to move I am mainly concerned about being able to length out the torso a bit.

I'd appreciate any guidance so I can jump on the appropriate size when they become available in the States.

Seat hight: 796mm (BB to center of seat profile)
Armpad stack: 679mm (BB vertical to top of armpad)
Armpad reach: 500mm (tip of saddle to back of armpad)

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, SLX, and CF [Louis212] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Thanks for all the useful information.

I have never had a tri bike and cannot afford to buy one new. I have seen a second hand 2017 Speedmax CF 8.0 (I actually suspect is a 2018 Speedmax CF 7.0 2018 Canyon Speedmax CF 7.0 – Specs, Comparisons, Reviews – 99 Spokes) in my local area (very remote and 2nd hand tri bikes don't come up very often). It's a size small however using Canyons size estimator I should be slightly into the medium bracket.

Since i have not had a bike fit and do not own a tri bike do you think i could make the small work for me?

I'm: 176cm
Weight: 68kg

Louis212,
Based on your rather long legged morphology I'd say your Pad Y is roughly 635 and your Pad X is around 430. That size small, 2017/2018, Canyon Speedmax CF will fit you... and here are the details... You can lift the arm pads/aerobars up to a Pad X of 649 - I think you're around 635 so you've got some room to play with there. That bike came stock with an 80mm stem and the Pad X maxes out at ~427mm and I think you'd like something closer to 430 so we're tight on that number. Here are the things you should consider before you buy...
1) I've got a 90mm stem in stock and if you needed more cockpit distance than the 427 I will sell you this stem and ship it anywhere in the lower 48 United States.
2) The cranks that came stock on this bike were too long (172.5) rideable but not optimal so you'd probalby want to swap those out in the future. Doing so would raise your seat height a touch
3) The seat post that came stock on this bike was 320mm long - they make a 360. I don't know what the max seat height is on this bike. I think you'd be okay but if you had to (and you'd stretch even more by going to shorter cranks) you could try and get a 360mm post out of Canyon.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, SLX, and CF [Sweet T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi Ian!

I just, for the first time ever, measured my existing bike! lol

Based on these measurements, would you recommend Speedmax CFR S or M?

Again height is 5’6” and inseam 31”

Thank you

Sweet T,

The super quck fit we did in Kona yeilded a pad y/x of 590-410. Your bike is 625/430. I'm a happy about the X, +-20 is okay with me. The 35 in Y makes me wonder a bit but... that's what we're doing here, what we're is deciding on is a Sm vs Md in the CFR..
The medium can work - short stem, low spacer, post will likely be very low in the frame
The small can work - short stem, mid spacer,

It's nice to be able to fit so well on 2 different bikes because availability can be tough. I'm having a hard time decding on which size I like the best for you and I worry that aesthetics alone push me to the small.

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, SLX, and CF [m_reese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Ian, hope you're still doing the fit assistance thing... According to the Canyon fit tool, I'm a medium... But it looks like I'm right on the border of medium/large. With availability being very limited, I'm wondering if I would fit either a medium or large with "room to move" as you mentioned in a previous response.

My retul numbers are below, but I should mention these numbers were femerateion a bike I already owned. Of note, we had the reach pretty much maxed out. I guess I could've gotten a longer stem, but thinking back that was actually never mentioned by my fitter. So, when I say room to move I am mainly concerned about being able to length out the torso a bit.

I'd appreciate any guidance so I can jump on the appropriate size when they become available in the States.

m_reese,
Which bike we talkin'.... SLX/CFR or CF?

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can I double check what you mean by inseam? I have provided the figure the measurement from the canyon website that measures book between legs to floor.

The reason I ask as I have never been described as long legged. I suspect we may be talking different measurement.

Thanks again
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, SLX, and CF [Louis212] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Can I double check what you mean by inseam? I have provided the figure the measurement from the canyon website that measures book between legs to floor.

The reason I ask as I have never been described as long legged. I suspect we may be talking different measurement.

Thanks again

Louis212,
You said your height was 176cm and your inseam was 84cm.

As much as I wish I could just flip the switch, for me, I still have to convert and say "Louis212 is 5 fot 9 inches tall and has a 33 inch inseam". Weather it's in mm, cm, inches - no matter, you have long legs for your height. Lots and lots of humans out in the world who are your height with inseams of 76cm (30 inches) and far fewer have your morphology.

What long legs suggest to me - in terms of predicting your Pad Y and Pad X - is that your arm pads will be a hair higher and a hair shorter then someone your height but with shorter legs and a longer torso.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess that would be good to know. I'm looking at either at CFR or SLX. I sent you a DM with my full fit sheet. Thanks!

Another edit...

I looked more closely at my fit sheet and I gave you tip of saddle to back if armpad for reach. I also looked at the CFR geometry specs and it lists a range for reach (BB to back of armpad). That number for me is 475mm. I think I could go a bit longer for some added comfort.

Geometry specs are not my wheelhouse, but I think that puts me in a large as the medium range appears to be 408-463mm. (Unless there's something that can be done with stems.)

My gut is telling me L, but the fit recommender for canyon says M so it has me nervous about that.
Last edited by: m_reese: Mar 15, 24 10:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you Ian - your insight is much appreciated!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Thanks for the follow up advice. I understand I'm on the bigger end for the small, but I'm going to try and make it work using your advice.

I'm actually based in the Scottish Islands. I gues you wouldn't ship the 90mm v21 stem to the UK?

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, SLX, and CF [m_reese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:

I guess that would be good to know. I'm looking at either at CFR or SLX. I sent you a DM with my full fit sheet. Thanks!

Another edit...

I looked more closely at my fit sheet and I gave you tip of saddle to back if armpad for reach. I also looked at the CFR geometry specs and it lists a range for reach (BB to back of armpad). That number for me is 475mm. I think I could go a bit longer for some added comfort.

Geometry specs are not my wheelhouse, but I think that puts me in a large as the medium range appears to be 408-463mm. (Unless there's something that can be done with stems.)

My gut is telling me L, but the fit recommender for canyon says M so it has me nervous about that.
Last edited by: m_reese: Mar 15, 24 10:58

m-reese,
Yeah, the medium could meet you at your 679/475 but it would take a lot of doing (long stem and nearly all of the spacers). Get a size Large in the CFR/SLX (same bike interms of geometry and set up). You'll want the mid spacer, short stem, and medium extensions. You will be able to go a touch longer in cockpit with the short stem but..after some time on the bike.. if you want even more length and you live in the USA I would suggest getting this thing from Rad Sport. It'll give you more length and a bit more tilt.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I gues you wouldn't ship the 90mm v21 stem to the UK?

Uggg... only if you got super desperate.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

Chasing some advice on sizing for the Speedmax CF SLX. Please see below:

Height: 177cm
Wingspan: 186.5cm
I have long legs short torso with long arms

I have had 2 x Pre bike fits and both said to go the Medium Frame but then Canyon said I would be better suited to a small and noted going the medium with the factoring of more reach would still have me on the smaller side of the medium where the small gives you a heap more room to also play around with the adjustment too ?

What would your thoughts be ?

Thanks Adam.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, SLX, and CF [Adam87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hi Ian,

Chasing some advice on sizing for the Speedmax CF SLX. Please see below:

Height: 177cm
Wingspan: 186.5cm
I have long legs short torso with long arms

I have had 2 x Pre bike fits and both said to go the Medium Frame but then Canyon said I would be better suited to a small and noted going the medium with the factoring of more reach would still have me on the smaller side of the medium where the small gives you a heap more room to also play around with the adjustment too ?

What would your thoughts be ?

Adam,
Yeah, super leggy! I think you Pad Y is roughly 640mm and your Pad X is near to 455mm. The right prescription for your SLX is...

Size Medium, short stem, mid spacer, long extensions. If you're ording in the USA I'm not 100% sure you can get long extensions - the bikes come stock here with mediums, fine. If you feel cramped then seek out a Rad Sport angled spacer and it'll give you the length in the cockpit and some tilt, you'll probably love it.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Athletes! I’m no longer providing fit assistance on this thread.

The past 5 years have been an honor – thank you for trusting me with the critical task of prescribing your bike purchase. I hope that I might return in the future to continue.

All the best, Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply

Prev Next