Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Continental 5000 GP tubeless ready [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
tttiltheend wrote:
I haven't noticed any comments on here about the very fast test results for the TL on bicyclerollingresistance.com. Only .6 of a watt per tire behind the Corsa Speed yet they rate it as significantly more robust. It is a heavy tire, 295 grams, so the old truism that generally lighter tires are faster no longer appears to be true. It seems the only real drawback is that it is only available in a 25C width, so potentially wider than optimal for best aerodynamics on many wheels.

Anyone seen any independent confirmation of this? And what are the thoughts about the aero penalty of the width? Perhaps this is the ideal rear triathlon tire, even if it's too wide for the front wheel.

Relatedly, he tested the 5000 and his other tires w/ butyl rather than latex, but the Vittoria Corsa Speed he set up tubeless for his test. The implication would be that the TT and 5000 would be roughly equally fast as the Corsa Speed on an apples to apples (latex tube vs latex tube) basis. Since other sources of testing don't seem to confirm this, I kind of doubt some of his results on this in general.

I checked the BRR site and the tests for both the CS & GP5000TL just used sealant, so apples to apples. The 5000 was tested with a butyl tube, so that would explain the different rankings between the BRR & the aerocoach rankings, if aerocoach used latex tubes.
Quote Reply
Re: Continental 5000 GP tubeless ready [Gavilan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have some 32s that I just installed. They don't seem to be seating to the tire rim properly. Seem to ride ok but next day totally flat to the point of pulling away from rim. The rims are Aeolus D3 disc.
Quote Reply
Re: Continental 5000 GP tubeless ready [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably this is the latest thread about GP 5000. I'm trying to buy a couple for the race wheels. They're on probikekit.com for $46.99. Does anybody know if this is a good price or they can be cheaper?
Quote Reply
Re: Continental 5000 GP tubeless ready [ask77nl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got mine out of Italy, shipped to Arizona within 4 days for $105.00. After installing them raced with them in Oceanside with no issues at all. Used 35mm of Orange Endurance sealant and didn't carry a Co2 or tube. Road really well but probably had 5psi too much in them.

If you can get them for around $100 a set do IT!

ask77nl wrote:
Probably this is the latest thread about GP 5000. I'm trying to buy a couple for the race wheels. They're on probikekit.com for $46.99. Does anybody know if this is a good price or they can be cheaper?
Quote Reply
Re: Continental 5000 GP tubeless ready [Mgibo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
could you provide the link of where you buy them? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Continental 5000 GP tubeless ready [pabloarc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pabloarc wrote:
could you provide the link of where you buy them? Thanks

https://www.lordgun.com/...x-5000-tl-ready-tire
Quote Reply

Prev Next