Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: PSA: Clifton 1 is returning for a limited time [JoelO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just ordered a pair! I'm still running(races only) in my last pair of the original Clifton 1s. I only have maybe 400 miles on this last pair so I'm very selective as to when to wear them. I love these shoes as they are perfect for me.

Hoping the new ones are the same. Worth a shot for me.....
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Clifton 1 is returning for a limited time [rayman54] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same boat, I have a few 1s stored. It was the best for me.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Clifton 1 is returning for a limited time [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did one more run today and these Clifton 1s are definitely firmer than the 2s or the 3s for that matter. The toe box is ridiculously roomy, so if you have narrow feet these may not be a good fit. I am sort of borderline.

All in all, good shoes but the 2s work better for me.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Clifton 1 is returning for a limited time [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
Did one more run today and these Clifton 1s are definitely firmer than the 2s or the 3s for that matter. The toe box is ridiculously roomy, so if you have narrow feet these may not be a good fit. I am sort of borderline.

All in all, good shoes but the 2s work better for me.

I just got my pair in the mail today and yep, these are not what I remember. These are way firmer than I remember but everything else seemed right (including the width).

FWIW.. I have a pair of Skechers Go Run 5, which I feel are close to the softness of the OG Clifton. The new version of the Clifton 1 feels like a brick compared to my Skechers. Literally there is no comparison. The Skechers are like a pillow and the C1 is hard and firm.

So, like I said. Hard to believe they would be able to make the OG again with all the changes the company went through.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Clifton 1 is returning for a limited time [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just realized what they did. I have a pair of Hoka Napoli (Running Warehouse exclusive). They just took the midsole and strapped the original Clifton 1 upper to it. The midsoles are identical, feel identical, etc. The upper is the only difference. Oh... and $30 cheaper for the Napoli.

I don’t have an OG Clifton and hope someone who does can compare them better but I don’t believe this is anything different than the Napoli, which is not as good as the OG Clifton. Close but not as good.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Clifton 1 is returning for a limited time [beercity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JoelO wrote:

I just started running the Hoka Napali. It is pretty much the same as the 3. $109 at Running Warehouse (their exclusive).

I just tore my Napali after 600 miles. Liked them a lot. Just got some Speedgoats and am moving to the trails for the fall and winter. I have other road shoes don't need new road shoes but am having some FOMO about the Clifton 1 that everyone says was their favorite shoe ever. Think I'll sit this one out and wait until I actually need new road shoes.

I like the Clifton 4, but it's quite firm and not very Hoka like. Plus, when I wear them walking, the arch feels like it's in a weird place, but they feel good running. Again, I like the Clifton 4 but they're probably not for people who only like Hokas.
Last edited by: HardlyTrying: Oct 21, 18 10:48
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Clifton 1 is returning for a limited time [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree 100% with this ... same upper NOT the same underfoot (not as soft as the 1's) ... Skechers GoRun Ride 7 may be more similar to the orignal 1's than this re-release is.

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:
I just realized what they did. I have a pair of Hoka Napoli (Running Warehouse exclusive). They just took the midsole and strapped the original Clifton 1 upper to it. The midsoles are identical, feel identical, etc. The upper is the only difference. Oh... and $30 cheaper for the Napoli.

I don’t have an OG Clifton and hope someone who does can compare them better but I don’t believe this is anything different than the Napoli, which is not as good as the OG Clifton. Close but not as good.

The Napali are billed as a re-release of the Clifton 3 with a new upper. Basically an apology for the Clifton 4.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Clifton 1 is returning for a limited time [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do these still come with the horrible clifton1 footbeds

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Clifton 1 is returning for a limited time [Dave Latourette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This guy found an original Clifton and says the re-release is exactly the same:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhFtj4qDUfs

Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Clifton 1 is returning for a limited time [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surfNJmatt wrote:
Anyone looking for a better Clifton 1 should look into the Skechers GORun MaxRoad 3 Ultra. Crazy cushion to weight ratio (not much else that I know of compares) and an actual toe box with enough space for your toes.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Clifton 1 is returning for a limited time [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surfNJmatt wrote:

Honestly, that was one of the best things about the Clifton 1! I’ve saved all of those and have rotated them in all my recent shoes. Sadly the reissue doesn’t come with them. 😤

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Clifton 1 is returning for a limited time [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
i'm routed to Hoka in Europe (I'm in France).

Possibly sold only in US.

Seen pictures in another forum. Doesn't like the look.

I'm in Europe. The link goes to the homepage, as you say. With a massive Clifton 1 advert on it.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Clifton 1 is returning for a limited time [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, now they appear in Europe too. I can see them in Europe web shop.

Already using Clifton 5 (first Clifton for me). And happy with them.

How do they compare ? Lighter but less stable ? Softer ?
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Clifton 1 is returning for a limited time [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Compared to the 2-3-4, they are definitely lighter--and softer than the fours for sure. No ridiculously large/stiff heel counter either. I'm happy--and need to buy another pair before they go away. Love the wider toebox.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Clifton 1 is returning for a limited time [Per] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought 2 pairs, did not love them initially, sent one back... now I have about 120 miles on the pair I kept and I like it. Not as much as I like Clifton 2s, but it is a solid, solid training shoe. I might grab a pair once they start going for less than the MSRP.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply

Prev Next