Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SwinRunNC - Announcer Info Request + Weather Update!!
Quote | Reply
SwimRunNC is getting close. Welcome back to the returning athletes and a huge NC welcome to first timers . . . you are in for a treat!!

There is a great team of volunteers and the event planning is superb!! I will do my very best to enhance your day. Our announcing station will be next to lake at the top of the mountain (by car - you still have to run Moore's Wall :-)) which is the "hot spot" for this race. I will catch all competitors at least 6 times as you go in, out, and around the lake; and, wish you well as you head up Moore's Wall.

Please send me any interesting facts about you, your partner, team, or family joining you. Additionally, please let me know if it is your birthday, anniversary, or anything else special to you. Special interest stories are fun too. I will do my best to encourage you and enhance your day. Some up you may even get some friendly heckling. My singing and dancing are terrible, but I will do whatever needs to be done. Please feel free to post information here or send me a PM.

We look forward to having you and will do our best to make sure you have a great experience on this very challenging course. See you soon!!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Last edited by: david: Oct 23, 18 12:41
Quote Reply
Re: SwinRunNC - Announcer Info Request [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Team Steel Clavicles will be there for the 3rd year in a row. My partner, Jeff Abrams, a former swimmer at Stanford and now the best trauma surgeon in all of North Carolina, will be turning 50 a few days after the race. He and I both have plates and screws in our clavicles after bike crashes so now we swimrun.
Quote Reply
Re: SwinRunNC - Announcer Info Request [L__Money] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lindsee,

Thank you so much. We look forward to having Jeff and you back. The is a new little addition to the course that is really cool. The long term weather forecast is looking pretty good. It will be a great day. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help make your day even better!!

See you soon . . .

David
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: SwinRunNC - Announcer Info Request + Weather Update!! [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, it looks like the cold front with the rain has quickened its pace . . . it now looks like a much more pleasant day with sun and clouds and temps approaching 60!!

We look forward to a GREAT day and hosting athletes from around the world.

Thanks for all the emails and PMs . . . . Please send me any updates or info on your team for announcement purposes.

David
Last edited by: david: Oct 23, 18 12:42
Quote Reply