Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Sept. 24 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 24 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I forgot to post last week so here's two weeks.

two weeks ago: 3975 yd swim (4x), 16 mi bike (2x), 47.5 mi run (7x)
last week: 2800 yd swim (4x), 4.3 mi bike (1x), 51.5 mi run (7x)

Goals this week are a day off from running (today), swim at least 5k, bike at least twice.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
catching up - Dr. Cupcake, I hope your week was quieter on the hormone, dog, and rain front!
LiuLiu, welcome!

Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Sep 24, 18 10:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you! Good to see you posting some excellent mileage. Hope you enjoyed your day off from the run!

Last week was blah. I got sick, and was placed on forced rest by my doctor for a few days. I'm also losing serious emotional and mental investment in IMNC 70.3 because of the hurricane damage to the area, and am tired and meh. I saw my endo today, and we completely overhauled my HRT, because the current treatment isn't working anymore. I'm kind of freaking out about that, because I cannot deal with a relapse, even though I've been slowly slipping backwards in progress with that.

BUT! There is a good news file this week! I'm signing on with a local tri coach, who is amazing. She is a world champion triathlete, and has also coached others to world championships. I really dig her training philosophy, and she can sympathize with my medical issues. Plus I'm going to be adopted by her tri team, which means training buddies to help motivate me and push me and teach me how to be awesome. I'm excited!

Goals for this week: Keep pretending that IMNC is going to happen.

M- zwift and 40min run w/pickups
Tu- 3000yd swim, zwift and 70min run
W- Zwift and 40min run w/pickups
Th- 3000yd swim, zwift and short tempo run
F- 3000yd swim and long ride
Sa- VOLUNTEER AT IMMD!
Su- long run

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was a pretty good week, even if I did start this Monday completely exhausted.

Goals were:
bike x 3 YES
run and do activation drills before I head out x 3 NOPE, just the one.
swim x 4 YES
I also had my first paper due on a course I have just started. Waiting to get my grade back on that.

This week:
swim x 4 (1 done)
bike x 3
activation + run x 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week was rough so I was happy to get in three runs, a barre class, a trainer ride, and a bit of yoga and PT. I have been working on a huge project at work that finally launched yesterday but still needs a lot of work. This week is looking to be more of the same as we have a big event this weekend. I am tired and stressed. I have been taking a lot of "F it, I don't feel like doing anything" days, probably more than I should, but for right now my main concern is getting through the week without getting sick, fired, or divorced. Spending most of a Saturday lying in bed and watching TV was glorious.

I did a trainer ride earlier this week and tonight looks perfect for a run so I am looking forward to that. I have to work late the next three days so I might squeeze in a few workouts in the mornings but..... we'll see. At this point I am just hoping to survive; a few runs will be icing on the cake.

Hope you all are better rested and less stressed! =)

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 24 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope you can catch up on sleep!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Adding to all the stress was my old lady pit bull getting a root canal and molar extraction Tuesday. She's fine but was walking around and climbed up into bed with us at about 3 this morning (and slept for a few hours between my legs... don't get a pit bull if you value personal space). That good night's sleep still eludes me but I was able to rally for a trainer ride before work so not all is lost! =)

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply