Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Plane tickets to Kona-Wait or buy now?
Quote | Reply
About 3 weeks till Kona, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go. Should I get them now or wait till last minute? The prices seem ridiculous right now. I'm not good with the airfare game since I usually book in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Plane tickets to Kona-Wait or buy now? [endurancealex1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

BLeP...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
why would you want to go to Kona during that time! there is some monstrosity of a niche event where a bunch of people dress up in spandex and run all over the island disrupting traffic in the heat and wind on $10,000 bikes telling their families how awesome this "vacation" is.

you'll probably get a better deal waiting to go until the end of October.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You need to take that shit..........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is a Kona?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Plane tickets to Kona-Wait or buy now? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's a hamburger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear in 4 weeks flights are cheap

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A type of coffee bean!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there:

So I missed my flight to Hawaii while waiting on my connection at SFO. Long story, I was flying non-rev on Delta, and in-between the time change, a long work conversation with my boss, and my marriage exploding all within the same hour, well, I just forgot to go to my gate at the right time.

Anyhow, I got on United's website and found a flight leaving in 2 hours direct to KOA for $300. So I bought the ticket, took the ride. Wednesday before race, BTW.

At this point, everyone who is going to Kona bought their tickets. I'd wait. Helps if you are close to a major airport with flights to Hawaii.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here we go with another “I’M GOING TO KONA!!!!!!!!!!” thread disguised as some legitimate inquiry about what someone should do (related to GOING TO KONA!!!!!!!!).

What shoelaces work best for running in KONA!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Where are the best poke bowls in KONA!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!

I is the underwear run really worth going to in KONA!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Plane tickets to Kona-Wait or buy now? [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sto wrote:
Hi there:

So I missed my flight to Hawaii while waiting on my connection at SFO. Long story, I was flying non-rev on Delta, and in-between the time change, a long work conversation with my boss, and my marriage exploding all within the same hour, well, I just forgot to go to my gate at the right time.

Anyhow, I got on United's website and found a flight leaving in 2 hours direct to KOA for $300. So I bought the ticket, took the ride. Wednesday before race, BTW.

At this point, everyone who is going to Kona bought their tickets. I'd wait. Helps if you are close to a major airport with flights to Hawaii.

Job and marriage on the rocks. Still goes to Kona.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
What is a Kona?

Pretty sure its in Hawaii. I assume the guy is going on vacation and asking about Airfare, but it could be a business trip.

I don't understand why people are being so weird on his question.

I guess the one guy explained that somethings going on there in that time frame maybe thats driving up his airfare.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Plane tickets to Kona-Wait or buy now? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Here we go with another “I’M GOING TO KONA!!!!!!!!!!” thread disguised as some legitimate inquiry about what someone should do (related to GOING TO KONA!!!!!!!!).

Why would someone need or want to boast about going to Kona, I mean, I am sure its a nice place, but i would think a vacation brag would be something a bit higher than going to Hawaii.

Why do you have this obsession with this city? and why do you know about some underwear run there? do other cities have underwear runs? Is this something you travel to often?

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Last edited by: DavHamm: Sep 19, 18 6:50
Quote Reply
Re: Plane tickets to Kona-Wait or buy now? [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
job was not on the rocks, whatsoever. i've worked for the tech same company for 20 years, and still do.

husband caught cheating, then told me the weekend before (on my birthday no less) he has "checked out and wants a divorce". i was already living in the guest room of our house at the time. okay, fine, see ya.

trip was long planned as a getaway with friends, and i needed to get out of the house and away from him for a few days so I could reassess my life. going to Kona was one of the best things I could have done. it could have been the moon and it would have been just the same.

GFY for your judgement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Where are the best poke bowls in KONA!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?

OMG- this shrimp truck in Lowe’s parking lot is AMAZING!!! http://islandroots.net

Seriously the best food we had on the island.

On airfare - do you have miles? We’ve always gone to Kona on miles- seems like tickets were easier to find to there than most other places and often close in they drop the miles required.
Last edited by: Moonrocket: Sep 19, 18 8:49
Quote Reply
Re: Plane tickets to Kona-Wait or buy now? [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sto wrote:
job was not on the rocks, whatsoever. i've worked for the tech same company for 20 years, and still do.

husband caught cheating, then told me the weekend before (on my birthday no less) he has "checked out and wants a divorce". i was already living in the guest room of our house at the time. okay, fine, see ya.

trip was long planned as a getaway with friends, and i needed to get out of the house and away from him for a few days so I could reassess my life. going to Kona was one of the best things I could have done. it could have been the moon and it would have been just the same.

GFY for your judgement.

lol. lighten up Francis. You the one answering Tri questions in the Lavender room. You didn't need to explain. I didn't care.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How can you think about Kona when the Kavanaugh nomination hangs by a thread, Trump has confirmed that water is wet and we haven't heard anything from the Mueller probe for weeks?

Are you begging to get kicked out of the LR?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She was answering the OP’s question about flights to Kona. What does the Lavender Room vs the Tri forum have anything to do with it? Clearly you do care since you felt the need to chime in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
sto wrote:
Hi there:

<<<<<<<<<THIS>>>>>>>>>>>
Quote Reply
Re: Plane tickets to Kona-Wait or buy now? [tritimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tritimmy wrote:
knewbike wrote:
sto wrote:
Hi there:

<<<<<<<<<THIS>>>>>>>>>>>

Or if you had read a little more before you posted, THIS:

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Plane tickets to Kona-Wait or buy now? [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Safe way also has awesome poke, 10-15 varieties made fresh daily!
Quote Reply