Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Amazon Prime tv show -- Forever
Quote | Reply
Anyone watched it yet. Would love to have a discussion and get other peoples thoughts.

But don't want to spoil it for anyone. So for those who have not watched don't continue reading the next posts unless you want it all spoiled which if your at all interested don't spoil it.

Basic idea of the show is it follows a married couple through the routine that is life, until some things happen.

That is all for now.

Really STOP READING Unless you want it all ruined...

YES I AM JUST TRYING TO PUSH THE NEXT POST FARTHER DOWN YOUR SCREEN

GO WATCH THE SHOW YOU DONT WANT IT SPOILED.

go away with you

you have been warned.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Amazon Prime tv show -- Forever [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok now that we are passed that.

WHOA at least for me didn't see any of that coming.

Not even sure where to start I will say I have watched the whole first season and have sooo many questions. hopefully you have watched the first season before getting to here.

HA funny getting to here, where is what is here.

Would you have left place 1? Can you get back as the kid implied or is it a one way trip? I think you can go back. I am assuming when they left the water there are at yet another town. I mean with all the people that die, how come so few at that one place, and it seems all strangers except our couple.

The realtor episodes were kind of randomly thrown in.

I can't wait another year for season 2 I hope it comes out sooner.

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've watched 6 episodes so far, so not all the way through S1 yet. I went into it cold, not knowing anything about the storyline or anything.

They slowly unfolded the show's storyline over the first few episodes. Like you said, no hints given as to where they would eventually set the show up to take place

I think it is really sharp writing. The type of humor in this show is different that most. It is very dry, deadpan, and sarcastic. Maya Rudolph and Fred Armisen deliver it so well, it took me awhile to figure out it was indeed purposeful humor between the couple, rather than they are really like that as characters.

They could go a lot of really cool directions with the concept. I'm hooked on the idea they are exploring and interested in where they take it.

Trying still not to overtly talk about the specifics until in case others want to go into it cold. However, I don't think its a huge reveal or anything that would spoil the viewing of it. I'm sure the show concept is splashed all over the interwebs by now.

Quote Reply
Re: Amazon Prime tv show -- Forever [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I had no clue. And the end of the first, start of 2nd episode I was like WTF they didn't just do that, repeat end of 2nd episode.

Still trying to figure out if the little boy was wrong, only 2 stops, or if the old guy of you can never leave was lying. I am assuming both are wrong, but I don't get the little boy with the 2 stops cause it doesn't seem anyone has ever come back. I am thinking its like a progression of levels? Those ready move to the next level which challanges you on some other level. Safe/Routine - Free spirit/Fun -- ??? But who is that old guy seemed he had interest in building up the 2nd place (sorry don't remember the different "cities" names.

I'll admit the show might have had a bigger impact on me as I watched it the weekend after my endocrinologist told me I was like the guy who goes to his cardiologist the day before he was going to have a widow maker. (i'll take the day before over the day after)

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have watched two episodes so far and have not found it too entertaining yet but will continue to watch.

Quote | Reply
I just binge watched the series over three days. Pretty easy to do, at 8 episodes and 40ish minutes apiece. Coincidentally, the first thing I've watched since moving out of my house and separating from my wife. The realtor episode really struck a chord, and it was anything but random, though I'm not sure how it's going to fit into the story arc, presuming more seasons are to follow. It's an interesting concept for a series, and there's a ton of potential for flushing out (see what I did there?) the profound complexities of coupledom.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Amazon Prime tv show -- Forever [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
I have watched two episodes so far and have not found it too entertaining yet but will continue to watch.

I will say, the fact that my Dr. had just told me I was like the guy who the day before he had a widow maker went to see a cardiologist might have clouded my opinion of the show.

Just Triing
Quote Reply