Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tent recommendations [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I car camp a fair amount, and have for many years. +30 days a year usually.

I pretty much just use REI tents. They are good blend of quality vs price, which = good value. They are mid priced, but pretty decent quality. Especially for car camping needs.

I have 4 of their tents for various situations and capacities.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Campmor.com
You're welcome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After destroying a few tents from walmart, costco sams, etc. in a year or two I decided to move onto more serious tents:
https://www.springbar.com/springbarreg-tents.html
Not cheap but they will last forever:
Quote Reply
Re: Tent recommendations [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
For car camping, we have an eight-person Coleman Evanston 8. It's got an enclosed little "patio" area (we call it "the lanai") which is great for a spot for kids to remove shoes, stowing backpacks, etc. Kind of an indoor-outdoor area that makes things easier with little ones. That said, it's HUGE. Way more space than we need with a ridiculously large footprint, but, again, with kids the extra space is welcome.

Someone was selling the Evanston 6 on craigslist for $95, I offered $75 and picked it up last night. I guess they found one of the rainfly clips was stitched on backwards (no major issue). She said they called for a replacement rainfly and instead got a whole free tent. Makes me wonder if I could have gotten it for less. Was only used once.

Needless to say the thing is HUGE! A lot more work to put up than my instant dome but that is ok.

Maybe next tent will be a better quality one but this will hopefully work for car camping.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tepui ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Tent recommendations [Koala Bear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Koala Bear wrote:
Tepui ;)

I like that answer.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Tent recommendations [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Koala Bear wrote:
Tepui ;)

I like that answer.
It was a wedding present, so I didn’t pay for it, but damn if camping isn’t even more amazing now!
Quote Reply

Prev Next