Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone reading Fear ?
Quote | Reply
Curious on opinions here and if it's worth picking up ?

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone reading Fear ? [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only about 20-30 people have bought it. Sad!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Might pick it up at some point, but does it really say anything that isn't already expected? I assume that it is on Jim LOTO's reading list ;).
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone reading Fear ? [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Might pick it up at some point, but does it really say anything that isn't already expected?

With all the hype that's what I am asking.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Quote:
Might pick it up at some point, but does it really say anything that isn't already expected?

With all the hype that's what I am asking.

It seems like the "highlights" have already been all over the news in the last week or so anyway (kind of like Wolff's "Fire and Fury" book - I listened to the audio version and there was really nothing I hadn't already heard via the reviews/news etc about it)
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone reading Fear ? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
It seems like the "highlights" have already been all over the news in the last week or so anyway (kind of like Wolff's "Fire and Fury" book - I listened to the audio version and there was really nothing I hadn't already heard via the reviews/news etc about it)

I haven't heard anyone mention they are reading it. hm

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have it reserved at my library. Omerosa's book just became available to me. I don't realy want to read it. I have three days to decide. Maybe, maybe not.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't read fiction so I'll pass.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it on Google books. It's not bad, it's a better distraction than reading random stuff on the internet.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did go ahead and get Omarosa's book. I have to admit that I had never heard of her until she was fired from the White House and there was the big hoopla about it. My reaction back then was ''what is a reality tv star doing in the WH anyway!''. But she was probably one of the most qualified people there with a masters in an appropriate field and having worked for Al Gore, Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton.

Reading all this crap from inside Trumpworld is like trying to follow Trump's lies. It's coming at you so fast that all you can do it duck. I think though that the reason for the book is really to rehab Omarosa's image after working for the most famous racist in the last fifty years. She does say that they used her and she used them. But she's a smart woman. She had to know all along what he is and what she was getting herself into.

I'm almost finished and I'm enjoying the reading. Looking forward to ''Fear''!

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. It’s not as entertaining as Fire and Fury. Fire and Fury was written in the style of a long and entertaining magazine piece in which there was a discernible story and the vignettes supported that. Fear is a series of short vignettes collected together in a sequence that doesn’t seem to do much more than allow one to follow the other. It’s drier, intended to be more objective and factual and a bit less engaging for that. And, as others have speculated, the story of the Trump White House is already out there and the highlights of Fear have already been released...
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone reading Fear ? [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm finding it quite dull. I've got Trump fatigue now though as it's the only soap opera i follow and just how much crazy weird shit can you take on a daily basis before you just start to glaze over and accept that the world has clearly gone mad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting thing from Omarosa; early on they were instructed that whatever Trump said, they were to defend it. So now we see the FEMA director on TV saying that death totals from PR are all over the place. He even said that spousal abuse was a large part of the deaths! They must have stayed up a lot of nights to come up with that one. But, hey, they're Puerto Ricans, of course the kill their wives/husbands after a hurricane.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just finished reading. Spoiler alert: It's a cliffhanger!
A little less than expected or hoped for, not much there that has not already been teased or published in the Wapo of NYT. If afflicted with TDS, it helps. And actually, if you are a Trump ball washer, Trump can come across as a "somewhat" sympathetic figure railing against the DC establishment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Curious on opinions here and if it's worth picking up ?

I mentioned I've been reading it on the other thread. About 75% finished. Read it and you'll realize that Trump really is a moron and his WH really is a shit show. We knew that already, but Woodward confirms it. Of course Don will just call it "fake news", but who are you going to believe, an author who helped break open Watergate, has written 18 books, 12 of which were #1 best sellers and two Pulitzer Prizes or instead believe a president who has around 3000 documented lies, fibs and untruths?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone reading Fear ? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Only about 20-30 people have bought it. Sad!

It sold 750,000 copies on the first day. On its way to be a major block buster. For me, the book confirmed what I already knew or suspected but gave an excellent road map how it all happened. It does leave you hanging because it takes you only to where John Dowd quit as Trumps lawyer. I'd like to see Woodward write the sequel in 2020. If he doesn't somebody else will..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Started it yesterday. It's like reading a book about trivial history. I started skipping paragraphs on page 18. I'm not making a lot of progress and I doubt that I'll finish it by the time the library takes it back.

Quote Reply