Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Em’s new album Kamikaze
Quote | Reply
Anyone else blown away by this?

Wow. It’s not even competitive. Not. Even. Close. Em is the Frodeno of hip hop.

I grew up with this dude in my formative years and I think this may be his best work yet. So focused. Feels like an album he did completely sober. Way to sharp to do impaired.

This shit inspires me and exactly what I needed right now.

GOAT.

(And the greatest producer/ beat maker of all time Dre was the EP. No wonder it’s lights out.)
Quote Reply
Re: Em’s new album Kamikaze [yrebetta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yrebetta wrote:
(And the greatest producer/ beat maker of all time Dre was the EP. No wonder it’s lights out.)

Dre who?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gave it a listen (I’m a fan of a lot of what Eminem has done) and thought it was crap.

I don’t understand the hype.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Em’s new album Kamikaze [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Gave it a listen (I’m a fan of a lot of what Eminem has done) and thought it was crap.

I don’t understand the hype.

Having Trump's balls in your mouth, his belly likely muffled the sound.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Em’s new album Kamikaze [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
Dre who?

Don't act like you forgot about Dre...

3SIXTY5cycling.com
Quote Reply
Re: Em’s new album Kamikaze [hillier99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bravo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What did you think about his "freestyle" a year ago when he went off on Trump?
Quote Reply
Re: Em’s new album Kamikaze [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought it was ok. Searing lyrics sure but something I only listened to once. Whereas Kamikaze I’ve already listened to about 10X start to finish. I think it’s incredible. But then again everything Dre touches is incredible.

Politics aside and for the record, I think Agent Orange is just a bad person. As simple as that. That’s my opinion. Unfortunately he seems to embody human nature so it’s a bit of a catch 22.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I listened first on the drive home last night, then again this morning.

His flow is still A+ and undeniable. Problem is, he's stuck in "fuck you" mode, where he's lived for decades. The lyrics are tired, though they're fun to listen to, but the songs still have to be songs you want to play again, and with the exception of three or four, they're just not, and often just annoying.

He moans about Trump, but he acts pretty much just like him. Burn the world down over petty grievances, contradicts himself (did the last album suck, or are we just too stupid to recognize the genius? Both, apparently). And really, was he trying to be funny with the Paul skit series? Was that real? My guess is yes, he's really that immature, pushing 50 years of age.

The Ringer, Lucky You, Not Alike, Kamikaze, and Fall, are all pretty good. The rest have great flow but garbage sound and lyrics. He seems to be at his best when he's maximizing his talents on trap beats and bars, which, if I'm not mistaken, he bemoans from proverbial cover to cover. So, again, what are we to make of the message?

I think he's just throwing an incoherent tantrum in a way that only Eminem can. I guess he's entitled to that.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Em’s new album Kamikaze [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he's just throwing an incoherent tantrum in a way that only Eminem can. I guess he's entitled to that.[/quote]

Incoherent? You can't be serious. I appreciate your opinion with everything else, but surely you don't truly mean it sounds incoherent do you?
Quote Reply
Re: Em’s new album Kamikaze [maninthearena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've listened to most of the album a dozen or so times now. You're right; it's not incoherent at all, just obsessively repetitive. There's only a small handful of songs that I actually like, but his skills are undeniable throughout. I can do without the relationship songs entirely, for both style and content. They're just not good songs that I'd ever want to hear again, but the good songs (Lucky You, Fall, The Ringer, and Not Alike, in that order) are very good. Lucky You is one of the best rap songs I've heard in a while, for a host of reasons. Joyner Lucas is on fire on that track, and Em's flow is just insane.

It's clear this is a straight up Fuck Everyone album. It's the best he's put out in a long, long time. MGK played him perfectly, though. I'd never heard his name until his so-so dis track surfaced last week, and Em only gave him notoriety (which he predicted was a no-win by responding to) when he released Kill Shot shortly after. It's almost like they conspired to put MGK over, with how relatively easy he went in on him.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Sep 18, 18 11:51
Quote Reply