Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Redshift Aerobars
Quote | Reply
Has anyone used Redshift Aerobars? Thanks!

Banger
Quote Reply
Re: Redshift Aerobars [banger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
banger wrote:
Has anyone used Redshift Aerobars? Thanks!

I have. Do you have a question about them?
Quote Reply
Re: Redshift Aerobars [JRTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How adjustable they are and worth the coin? Will be going on to FSA Energy Compact handlebars.

Banger
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As far as if it's worth it, if you want to set up a road bike closer to a tri bike setup, I don't think there's a comparable product available.

There's a decent bit of adjustment on them, DCrainmaker's review has more detail, or just look over the instructions on the Redshift site.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/07/redshift-aero-system-review.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used them with compact Zipp bars on my road bike. I had no issues with them and found they were very secure. I would recommend them to someone looking for clip ons.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a set of them.

They attach / detach in seconds
Once they lock in, the connection between the detachable bars and the base is pretty solid

They have been sitting in a drawer for forever, because i can't get them tight enough on my Surly LHT that they don't shift downward. I think it is more a factor of the handlebars than a problem with the Redshift product. (A few months after i got the bars, i bought a P2, so i don't need to pretend my touring bike is a triathlon bike anymore.)

I do the same thing as them, just slower
Quote Reply
Re: Redshift Aerobars [avatar78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As far as if it's worth it, if you want to set up a road bike closer to a tri bike setup, I don't think there's a comparable product available.
I'm not aware of anything that's comparable in terms of speed of swapping between one setup and another (assuming you have the brackets installed already). If you're going to want to install and remove the bars frequently, and are happy with an average position, then they seem like a good proposition.

However - and it's a big point - like many aero bars clipped to a road bike, they are a most likely going to be a compromise on position. They're just not low enough for the majority of road bikes: minimum pad height is 75mm, and if your bar isn't low enough then it's extra faff to move or swap the stem.

For my hacked road bike I have a full replacement cockpit: stem (very slammed), base bar, low clip-ons, brake levers and shifters. 3 bolts and 4 cables (external, yay) and it's swapped - about 30 minutes, but worth it in my opinion. Position is about as good as it can be (a forward seatpost and a good saddle are the other critical components, don't neglect that end of the bike).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a review I did of them.
It's remarkable to me how easy they are to take on and off. Very good bars.
Though the seatpost is the big surprise for me. I used the both the bars and seatpost for a bike ride around Lake Tahoe as well as the Donner Lake triathlon. Both "courses" have some pretty gnarly descents and being able to scoot back in to road mode added a lot of confidence.

That said I do have dedicated tri and road bikes. So the setup is relegated to my trainer - which is awesome because I can easily alternate positions.
Quote Reply