Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Your favorite year or time in Triathlon?
Quote | Reply
Title says it all. This is completely open to your personal definition of time (1 year, 5 years, certain phase of the sports growth, etc) and based on what made it so favorable for you (string of great personal races, great experiences, etc).

What do you say ST, what was your most enjoyable time and why?

2013 for me personally, a solid race season of short course races. Did a lot of racing around the midwest, met a lot of great athletes, made some great friends, had some races that turned into great stories for years later, started to race/train with my soon to be wife and went to Kona on vacation during race week with a bunch of friends in the sport. This was all after doing my still favorite race of all time the fall before Leadman Bend Epic 250 2 weeks after IMWI. Two of my worst races ever, but an awesome trip and a race that provided a very unique grassroots feel of what it might have felt like back in the early 1980's of Ironman.

I also thought 2013 was generally a great year for the sport as well. Rev 3 was really growing well, producing great events and the competition in their races was getting better. Short course races still existed (Lifetime Tri Series, is it still around?) and it seemed the energy and growth in the sport was really building.

For context I have been racing Triathlon since 2010, so I am still very new(ish) to the sport
Last edited by: bcagle25: Aug 21, 18 0:30
Quote Reply
Re: Your favorite year or time in Triathlon? [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oo OOo!

Definitely the time 3 years ago when I became single again and had the freedom to train whenever I wanted for however long I wanted without having to catch flack or make up for it later! Hell, I can go cycle for a few hours on Sunday, then come home and nap, then sit by the pool, then go for a run or a swim, come home and hang out with my buddies - then go have a beer at a brewery with them and come home late and STILL NOT GET FLACK!

It is amazing haha
Quote Reply