Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recovered from Ironman....now what?
Quote | Reply
I don't have any more races on the agenda until Spring 2019. I finished IMLP last month. I had a nagging hip injury going into the race, haven't run since the race and the hip is feeling pretty good now. Thinking about easing back into running and slowly building up using run/walk to lessen any potential aggravation in the area. Any other thoughts? I sorta hate feeling like a mere mortal now just "going to the gym."
Quote Reply
Re: Recovered from Ironman....now what? [ninagski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How many Instagram followers do you have?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
50 cross-fits in 50 days?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gravel biking
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hit the pool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What I would do is get a check over from a physio/sports therapist/running clinic whatever fits with your concerns. Someone who can get to the cause of the hip problem and anything else you are worried about. Then you can get working to correct it and be more confident/stronger by the time you start building up the miles. It's the perfect time to sort something like that out.

But not one of those places that push orthotics to everyone. In my opinion they're a waste of time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ninagski wrote:
I don't have any more races on the agenda until Spring 2019. I finished IMLP last month. I had a nagging hip injury going into the race, haven't run since the race and the hip is feeling pretty good now. Thinking about easing back into running and slowly building up using run/walk to lessen any potential aggravation in the area. Any other thoughts? I sorta hate feeling like a mere mortal now just "going to the gym."

Nothing wrong with "just going to the gym".

Find something that you want to improve upon, build and plan and train for it.

Or just have fun being active, its good for longevity and sustainability in the sport. No need to always have a big race or something very specific to train for.

Work on improving your 1,2, or 5 minute power. Build your run speed up in your 5k. Work on strengthening your squat. Get ready for cyclocross season and try cyclocross. Join a gym and do some personalized strength training. Stay outside and exospore new territory.

The possibilities are endless.

However, I would highly recommend making sure your hip is not only pain free, but you have no lingering issues and adequate strength and mobility to resume running without a reoccurring injury popping up. Now is the time.
Last edited by: CU427: Aug 20, 18 16:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My season is mostly over come next week. I’ve started on improving my strength and mobility by getting checked out by a physical therapist. He has suggested some exercises for me. I also plan to get better in the water, and looking to get stronger on the bike.

I guess use the time to get better, stronger, and faster. What are your goals for next year? Start now and it won’t seem so daunting come next year. why wait start now! Don’t be one of those persons who says I’m waiting till January or “diet starts Monday “. Start now!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't want to do another one after my first but I missed the grind. I tried training for a BQ attempt and got hurt. That's when I discovered gravel cycling and now I'm trying to conquer my fear of mountain biking. Now I'm trying for a BQ attempt again. I haven't done a tri in almost a year but I've found ways of staying active. I plan on returning to HIM racing later in the year. Just find something that makes you happy. One thing I haven't missed is 5am masters!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tattoo?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lift weights.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do another one
Quote Reply
Re: Recovered from Ironman....now what? [Plissken74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hard drugs. Become addicted. Become really addicted to the point your life spirals downward in a hopeless bit of despair and back alley BJs. Then overcome this addiction.

That is a solid challenge if you ask me.
Quote Reply
Re: Recovered from Ironman....now what? [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dude, you are all about this crack head blowjob story recently. I think you should talk to someone about it.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: Recovered from Ironman....now what? [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twinkie wrote:
Hard drugs. Become addicted. Become really addicted to the point your life spirals downward in a hopeless bit of despair and back alley BJs. Then overcome this addiction.

That is a solid challenge if you ask me.

ahahah it would just be your second job, recovering, traveling again, racing and repeat. unfortunately no one pays you for this :-)
Quote Reply