Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fizik mistica carriage kit setup
Quote | Reply
So I've had a mistica for a while, but was using the xlab sonic with repair bag. However that broke, so I was looking at using the carriage kit for the mistica. How do you actually get spares on it though? I've got a cage on which is fine, however I'm a bit lost with how to get a tube etc attached.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik mistica carriage kit setup [kriss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any luck in using the carriage kit? Thinking about putting mine on as well as i need storage on my new bike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah kind of, I ended up taping everything under the saddle, but it didn't seem to work very well at all. CO2 would come loose, and everything looked a bit precarious. Wouldn't recommend it!
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik mistica carriage kit setup [Sharkbait22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had similar problems and ended up taping the tube under my seat. I use the CO2 holder, but depending on the CO2 brand, they sometimes rattle out. I run 2 BTS cages, so I've also taped a tube between the two cages. That has worked well, but just make sure it's not going to unravel on you and end up in your cassette!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I only use one BTS bottle so i am using the XLab aero pouch 300 with the carriage kit; no issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik mistica carriage kit setup [CyclingClyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh wow, I never actually thought of that. Feel a bit stupid now!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wasn't sure if it'd work since xLab lists it for use with their own brackets only but I've had no issues. The Fizik bracket does seem to flex a bit more than an xlab but the Fizik is designed to hold 2 full bottles; the aero pouch with spares etc and one bottle is pretty much the same.

Quote Reply