Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Thinking about Alan's chart, need some coaching advice...
Quote | Reply
So looking over his charts was interesting. I have been training for a few months after a long layoff and I need some expert coaching advice. I just upped my long run today by over 30% of my longest, and it is double my race distance. I'm thinking next week I may up that another 30% again, holding the same pace if possible.

I also did my biggest day yesterday, equal to 70% in one day of my average weekly hours the past 19 weeks. I think this week will be 100% more than my average weeks, and thinking of maybe doing 150% or more next week, pretty much same intensities. That will be about 8 times my actual race distance that week in hours..

What do all you experts think out there, am I too ambitious, not enough???
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking about Alan's chart, need some coaching advice... [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your seats too high.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: Thinking about Alan's chart, need some coaching advice... [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your seats too high. //

Ha, and I just tripled my long ride yesterday and felt I had to raise it a little!!! I'll tell you what, gonna have to wear two pairs of cycling shorts for my next ride though, you only get one freebie on a virgin butt...
Quote Reply